X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meltdown
    • Apr 2006

faulty drivers

Had my Studio 100's about two weeks now. Had to replace two drivers, in one of the towers. Happens again and Paradigm says it will send new tower. Been powering the 100's with a rb 1090. Been taking it easy with the speakers, to give them time to break in. Speakers must of been banged around during shipment. Hope theres no more problems. I like the sound of the 100's.
  • kirknelson
    • Sep 2006

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure if you have further problems Paradigm will take care of you.

Comment

• whoaru99
      • Jul 2004

Two of the same driver?

Which one(s)?
      There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• meltdown
        • Apr 2006

First driver to go was the bottom. Second to go was the third up from the bottom. Dropped in the second replacement today but have not tried it out yet.

Comment

• whoaru99
          • Jul 2004

Sounds odd to me.

I'm trying to visualize a big enough impact that would not damage the packing material or cabinet but would wreck drivers that inherently move a fair amount.
          There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• meltdown
            • Apr 2006

Beats me what happened, all I know is that I'am putting the hammer down on the speakers and if that tower blows then I'am either getting a new one or switch to B&W.

Comment

• whoaru99
              • Jul 2004

Well, putting the hammer down may be the issue. The amp you have is pretty powerful...

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• meltdown
                • Apr 2006

never thought that iron butterfly would be too much for these paradigms, maybe i should drag out some wayne newton. In all honesty, these were never put to the acid test nor will they. Very unusual for paradigm to have driver problems. I know that it isnt from cranking the volume, because it hasnt been done, regardless what amp I'm using Ive always taken care of my toys.

Comment

• whoaru99
                  • Jul 2004

Yup, very interesting. I drive my Studio 100's with 200wpc (a very conservative 200wpc, IMO) and it's been cranked pretty good with no driver failures.

Very odd failures indeed....

BTW - no Wayne Newton for me.

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"