Help me choose an amp for my Aerial 10T's!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Swantko
    • Sep 2006

Help me choose an amp for my Aerial 10T's!!

I'm looking for an amp to drive my Aerial 10T's... here is my short list. My budget is approx $5k (new or used).

Levinson 436's
    McCormack DNA-500
    Levinson 336

Which would you choose and why? Any others I should consider?

Thanks!
    Jim
  • Victor
    • Apr 2002

I recomend Behringer A500. THis will cost you $180 and you will never look back nor will you notice its presents.

Victor

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If you live close to a dealer selling Ayre Acoustics amps, take home a Ayre V5-xe for a demo.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jim Swantko
        • Sep 2006

I do have an Ayre dealer locally - I will give it a try. I'll have to look into the Behringer too. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

• Victor
          • Apr 2002

I was using 2 Bryston 3BSST amps to power up two sections of my 3-way dipole speaker system. One 3B SST was driving the RD-75 section and the other was driving the 10-inch midrange (4 units of Scan Speak 25W8565 drivers per side). I replaced the 3B SST with Behringer A500. I hear no differencies and the A500 with its volume controlls is actually a more comfortable unit to use. The power specs are about the same, but the 3B SST THD is by far better by nearly an order of magnitude. Still the A500 sports 0.02% of THD which is quite good.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"