X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotel&energy
    • May 2004

Helping the Oldman...again

So, some of you may remember this thread:

Where my Dad got back into the audio game after I got my kit together. He wanted McIntosh and pulled the trigger on a MA6900.

Well, this weekend I had to go back to the dealer to see if they could do anything with the dead left-channel of my Rotel RB1080. Dad went with me and right before we left a pair of old McIntosh MC250 SS amps, from the late 60s, caught his attention. Next thing I know (with a little prodding from me) he purchased both the amps and an old McIntosh preamp as a secondary system.

The owner of the store was unloading the vintage McInosh stuff from his personal collection, so it was in mint condition. Side note - the owner has an entire McIntosh home theater with about 6,000 watts of power. Yikes.

I'm pretty excited for the oldman. I think he'll enjoy it as a second system. He plans to run the MC250s as monoblocks, but he still needs to purchase a set of speakers. I think he might make it a vinyl only system.

Anyone else had experience with these amps? Any suggestions on a nice, affordable set of bookshelf speakers to pair w/ the amps?
    Christopher
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"