X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stockinv
    • Jan 2005

Pre-Pro For McIntosh Amps

I have an Aragon Stage 1 Pre-Pro and McIntosh 501 amps. I'm wondering if I could improve my system by going to a McIntosh Pre-Pro, such as the
    MX-135. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks.
  • nkb
    • Mar 2006

I have MC501's as well (3x501's, 1x252).

I had an Anthem D2 (actually 5! of them, that all failed in one way or another) as a pre/pro.

I now have the MX135 (my dealer supplied this exchanging out the final D2) straight across. I am extremely happy with it. I still am running HDMI from my DVD player (Marantz DV9600) direct to my Fujitsu plasma, as there is no HDMI on the MX135. Audio is digital via the MX135. I also have an Escient Fireball and HDTV into and out of the MX135 to the Fujitsu. Also, an old turntable as well. This is all paired with B&W 802D's, HTM2D, ASW825, surrounds.

Audio is simply great and a much better fit with the 501's than the D2 was.

There are rumors that there will be new Mc pre/pro's in January, but who really knows.

In terms of what is available now you can't really go wrong with the MX135. Try it if you can audition it.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"