Arcam to release SACD player. Rotel next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

Arcam to release SACD player. Rotel next?

After NAD and Cambridge Audio is Arcam finally going 'to the dark side' and is going to release a SACD player. I wonder how long it will take before Rotel will issue one as well (and realise they just released their RDV-1092 a bit early?).

I'd rather see a Blu/HD player and separate (SA) CD/DVDA player... upgrade wise...
  • joetama
    • May 2006

I seriously doubt that Rotel will come out with an SACD player. I honestly have no particular reason for saying this, it just seems that they will avoid the SACD format..... But I could be wrong.

If they do, and it plays DVD-Audio and SACD I might have to throw my player out the window and get one..... ROTEL FTW!!
    -Joe

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

The Arcam appears to be a killer player but it is a year too late. Rotel will never release an SACD player

Comment

• foeth
        • Apr 2006

Well, that's what NAD and Arcam said... it seems the new Arcam player is a very serious competitor for Rotel's RDV-1092... but I doubt the Arcam player is cheaper, they have a tendency to be rather pricy. But if Rotel is not, they are now nearly alone (No, please don't quote the brands that also cannot afford to develop an SACD player)

With the upcoming Blu/HD format war, I'm not going to buy either but wait until one format is dead or a universal player is released. That may take a few years.

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

as I said above. Rotel will not release an SACD player, they have said so many times, they have had numerous opportunities to do so in the last two years and did not despite a large number of pleas from customers for a universal player. With the new digital players coming on line now, they almost certainly will not do so now unless DVD-A and SACD can be economically incorporated into a new player with one or both of the new codecs.

Comment

• Clepto
            • Feb 2006

Maybe they could start a trend and offer a Universal Music Player... Maybe only allow composite video out for DVD-A menus, but by skipping out on the majority of the video processing in favor of audio, and offer HDMI 1.2 (or 1.3).

Hey, I can dream :Z

Comment

• mattburk
              • Feb 2003

I think the retail is about 1600
              www.mycstone.com
              www.coverednow.com
              www.biarenton.com

Comment

• shadow
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mattburk
                I think the retail is about 1600
                retail on what?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"