X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

outdoor speaker recommendations

Hi, I am looking for some decent outdoor speakers. I dont want to spend too much money but I am willing to spend enough to get decent sound. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
  • Jeff Mayer
    • Mar 2006

Hi,

JBL Northridge series might fit the bill nicely. All-weather, inexpensive, sound great. I use the N26 model for my rears. They also have the smaller N-24 with 4" instead of 6" woofers.

Jeff

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Boston Acoustics makes a nice line of outdoor speakers. I like the Voyager Pro. Good sound for an outdoor, but it won't break the bank at a retail of around US$300.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Boston Acoustics are good and I would also throw out the Russound outdoor speakers. They are $250 a pair and have a 5 yr warranty.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

My outdoor speakers are JBL - couldn't tell you the model, but they work fine. It's not like I do critical listening outdoors.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• alpina
            • Nov 2005

i have boston acoustic voyager 4's and they are great - both in performance and value

julie
            My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• DavidB
              • Jan 2006

Bose Freespace I supposed to be very good. I've just ordered some.

Comment

• Alloroc
                Super Senior Member
                • Dec 2005

I have a pair of B&W Model WM4s. They're small and unobtrusive, quite good value and sound pretty good. I'm happy with them.
                Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• tboooe
                  • Jun 2005

thanks everyone. a lot of boston acoustics recommendations. i will check them out. davidb: the freespace looks interesting and unique. if you dont mind, i would love to hear your feedback once you receive them.

Comment

• DavidB
                    • Jan 2006

I'm not going to have them for a month or so but they've been highly recommended by the dealer. Will let you know when I get them.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"