X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sheldon007
    • May 2005

Rotel RCD1072 vs Pioneer47A

I'm considering adding Rotel1072 to my system, Pioneer47A DVD Player is what I am currently using. Will I hear a difference in sound quality and is it worth buying?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Sheldon,

I have the RCD-1070 and the Pioneer Elite DV-59Avi, and my I prefer my hearing my CDs through the 1070. The RCD1072, is a cut above the 1070 that I own. The final cut is to listen and judge for yourself.

Do you listen to CD's alot?

Determine your factors and if you can justify your cost, I think it is a worthwhile investment, IMHO. Just my 2 cents, your acoustical mileage may vary.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

I have Rotel RCD-1072 and am quite happy with it. However, I did not have a huge comparision base, since I only had one Sony universal CD/dvd/sacd player prior to Rotel as well as several boomboxes. I also have a pretty good collection of redbook CDs (around 400) and listen to them all the time. I figured it is worth having a Rotel CD player to complement my Rotel RC1070/RB1080 combo and my CD collection, and am definitely not sorry.

Comment

• Taito
        • Sep 2004

I have a 1072 and a 945 (mid 90's rotel cd player). The 1072 absolutely smokes the 945 - no question about it. I'm not familiar with your DVD player, but when I bought the 1072, I A/B'd it against the Rotel RDV-1060 (dvd player) with a CD only (obviously) comparison. The 1072 edged out the 1060, but not hugely. The difference was enough for me.

I would say that you will definately hear an improvement. How much of an improvement depends on how good your current DVD player is at CD and on the rest of your system. The best thing that you can do is to take your DVD player to a ROTEL dealer and do an A/B comparison with material that you are familiar with.

The RCD-1072 is a sweet machine. Happy hunting!

Comment

• bordin
          • Apr 2005

If you are gearing towards audiophile music, 1072 is a better choice. It's the top-of-the-line model of Rotel, right now. What else could you think about it ? I have it modded, even sounds better.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"