X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProAc_Fan
    • Jun 2005

Just want to say hello

I'm a newbie to HT guide and just wanted to say hi. Just a question, I don't seem to find any pics of members audio setups. Is that because I'm not looking hard enough or because you can't post pics here?

Mike
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Here is a link to a thread from Club Rotel:

LINK

Comment

• ProAc_Fan
      • Jun 2005

Oh okay let me give this a shot. I won't post a pic in that Rotel forum out of respect for the Rotel fans.
      Attached Files

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide Pro_Ac Fan!

Nice setup you've got there :T I'm not sure why we don't have a members gallery. It would be nice.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• scottielee
          • Apr 2005

interesting speakers ProAc Fan. they are not proacs are they?

Comment

• ProAc_Fan
            • Jun 2005

Those are a set of Allison Acoustics CD-6 monitors. 2-ways with an upfiring 8"woofer in a sealed enclosure. My "regular" speakers are in the basement. Those would be the Almarro M33A's.. hand polished oak with dual 4" full range drivers in a TL design.
            Attached Files

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

ProAc, pretty expensive stuff you seem to have, speakers and those "tube" amps (correct me if I'm wrong). Welcome to the boards!!!

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Hello ProAC, welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Hi, ProAc Fan! :banana:

We've got a thread going in Club Parasound with setup pictures too.
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• ProAc_Fan
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by thyname
                    ProAc, pretty expensive stuff you seem to have, speakers and those "tube" amps (correct me if I'm wrong). Welcome to the boards!!!

Well its taken me a long while to acquire this current rig. I've traveled down most of the audio paths with everything from huge SS powered seperates driving Dahlquist DQ-10's to flea powered SET amps driving huge Altec A7 Voice of the Theaters. I've finally settled on a custom built 30 watt PP amp with very robust American trannies. Having the gear designed to your liking makes it much sweeter in the end. Sort of the difference between buying a suit off the rack or having the tailor make you a custom fit one. If you wanted to walk into a store and buy my rig, I figure it might set you back about 10K. BTW audio is my one true passion ( family notwithstanding) and I'm hardly rich.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"