X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scobro
    • Mar 2005

surround placement question

I will not be able due to the layout of my room put the surrounds to the sides of my listening/viewing area. I can however put them behind my listening/viewing area 3ft above ear level along the back wall,will this be just as good sound wise as having them to the sides or will this take away from experiencing surround sound the way it is meant to be.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Can you suspend them from the ceiling and angle them downward so that they point at the listening position from above and to the side?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• scobro
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
      Can you suspend them from the ceiling and angle them downward so that they point at the listening position from above and to the side?
      I can essentially put them on the side but they will be unevenly spaced from my viewing area.For example the right surround will be 4ft from my L.V area and the left surround will be about 6ft.Would this work better than having them on the back wall?
      My main problem is do i go with perfectly placed back surrounds with no side surrounds or go with side surrounds that are not perfectly placed they will be somewhat close but not ideal the backsurrounds will be positioned perfectly.Whats your thoughts?

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

look for alternate solutions

Can you put in delays in each surround channel seperately for side placement ??

Can you shift your seating a bit so that in case of side channels, so that the distance is same ???.

Can you put floor Stands on both side within equal distance ????

Can you find a wall mount which can be fixed with an extended arm so as to bring the distance to similar levels at both sides. ???

If you cant answer "Yes" to any of the above, I suggest you try placing them on the floor on the back or side of your seating facing up and see the results, otherwise put them on the back wall.

"Need is the mother of all Inventions"
        Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"