X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

which amp to buy

I am considering two amps that I am not that familiar with.
    Musical Fidelity A3cr and McCormack DNA-125. Does anybody out there have any opinions on these amps
  • GCSFAMILY
    • Dec 2004

I've heard the McCormack DNA-125 It was very impressive----Do you have any Anthem Statement dealers in Columbus ???

Comment

• springer49
      • Oct 2004

Not that I am aware of. What speakers were you listening to at the time? Are there any other amps that you would compare them to. Rotel, Parasound, or are they not in the same ballpark?

Comment

• Ross Smith
        • May 2004

A friend of mine has a Mccormack I think it is the DNA .5 intergrated and the 100w power amp that thing sounds amazing kills my Rotel. I found the Music Fidelity too smooth for my taste.

Comment

• springer49
          • Oct 2004

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going out tomorrow to demo a McCormack and try to compare it with some of my other choices. Going to be a difficult day of listening to music.

Comment

• DeepPurple23
            • Dec 2004

Springer,

How did it turn out? I've never heard the McCormack (only heard great things about it), I have heard the Musical Fidelity and I loved the "warm/open" sound it produced. Of course, speaker leanings matter when mating amps and the MFs were paired with Monitor Audios, of which I know nothing about specifically, and the sound was very good. Of course, MF does have a full load of other amps as well.

Good Luck.

Comment

• springer49
              • Oct 2004

The McCormack is an excellent amp unfortunately I have no dealers in the area for Musical Fidelity. I have a friend that has a Marsh A400s asnd I have decided on it, matter of fact it's on it's way as I speak. I love getting new toys. I will let you know how it sounds when it arrives

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by springer49
                I love getting new toys.
                Don't we all Carl, don't we all.... Congratulations on the Marsh. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"