X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Squeezebox

I use an HTPC as a music server in my HT/2 channel setup. All my music is in Monkey's Audio Lossless codec. I have seen a couple posts about this new Squeezebox. If anyone has any experience with it, please post your thoughts. I would be interested in putting a couple of these throughout the house instead of an HTPC at each location. Does anyone know if it works with Monkey's Audio and with 4000+ songs without issue? I like the fact that u have a display and can search ur collection, as well as play all in sycn or independently at different locations throughout the house. If there are any other issues I haven't thought of, please let me know. I would be running the optical out to a DAC1 then 1068 at one location and receivers at the other locations.

Thanks,
    AJ
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • Bill Blank
    • Sep 2002

AJ,

I'm looking into one of these as well for use in another part of the house. Someone affiliated with Slim Devices stops by www.AVSForum.com sometimes to answer some threads.

If they don't support that format right now for some reason, I'm sure they will in the future. One of the things that drew me to it as opposed to the Roku and others is their customer support and the fact that they open up their software and hardware to customer tweaks.

Bill

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"