X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aqus
    • Dec 2008

speaker placement

Click image for larger versionName:	2014-12-30 12.01.26.jpgViews:	1Size:	52.2 KBID:	871394

I have build the denham speakers and have a few questions about placement.
    I do realize this is not the best setup but trying to the best with what I have.
    The room is 14x12.
    I know speakers are too close to back wall, But since I am using a subwoofer and cutting the frequency to the mains at 80hz with a crossover does it still make much of a difference on back wall placement?
    If I push them almost all the way back to not be too close to them I am wondering if the pc monitor will hinder the sound as it will probably bounce from back of screen. Or is it better to make stands which will be slightly higher than the monitor and tilt them down towards ears?
    Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 10:11 Monday. Reason: Update image style
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

These graphs hopefully will explain it:

I'm making my way through Floyd Toole's book, "Sound Reproduction". So far, it has me some what shaking my head in disagreement, but that is another thread (and whom am I to argue with Floyd Toole?). One thing I just came across that I thought would be very helpful, because it comes up all the time here, if

Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 10:14 Monday. Reason: Update htguide urls
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• bvbellomo
      • Mar 2013

Are these ported or sealed? Your ears are probably your best judge, but you can also measure. Even if you don't have a calibrated microphone, measurements can still show the difference between positions.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"