X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thirumalkumaran
    • May 2021

Alternative tweeter to Fountek Neo CD1.0 - Statements II

Hello all,

Curious to build the statements II (back at it again) the drivers and crossovers are on order.
    Unfortunately, can't go with Meniscus kit, as import, tax & Customs will make it 2-2.5x the price to India!!

I'm able to source woofer and midrange but the tweeter seems to be the bottleneck!
    Couldn't find the NEOCD1.0 anywhere! (Still trying to import/get hold through other means, but preparing for the worst.)

Under the circumstances, I'm left with a scenario to find an alternative tweeter!
    There are various brands and models available (SB Acoustics, Peerless, Dayton etc.) But i would like to stick with the design as close as possible.

Which narrows me to 2 major options
    1. Fountek Neo cd3.5H (Its a horn version) http://www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/Fountek/NeoCD3.5H
    2. Dayton RST28F (Used in Finalists with a T) http://www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/Dayton/RST28F-4

I personally feel using the neo cd3.5 will be close, but it does not have a reference crossover which I can leverage on! I believe, it would be fine to increase the resistor value of R3011 might attenuate the sensitivity difference. But, I'm not an expert and need help in this.
    If I go with Dayton RST28F it might be straight lift from finalist, but the sound signature might be deviated from what Statements should sound.

Help in deciding on this guys! and some help in finding the resistor value if going with 3.5H.

Thanks in advance.
  • tktran
    • Jan 2005

Wrong model.

NeoCD3.0 is what you want.

Madisound has plenty of stock.

Comment

• thirumalkumaran
      • May 2021

Cant get from Madisound.. Its still going to be expensive!!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"