Statements Build - Bamboo Flooring Skin

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • poppapig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz
    I use mine with sheet rock walls behind and on the sides with no issues. Start without treatment and go from there. Be sure to install the 1" flat foam in the tunnels exactly as speced to start with.

    Jim
    Thanks Jim, will do
    Final Countdown!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Holtz
    replied
    I use mine with sheet rock walls behind and on the sides with no issues. Start without treatment and go from there. Be sure to install the 1" flat foam in the tunnels exactly as speced to start with.

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Getting clooooose!
    I tried in earnest to find recommendations on sound treatment regarding the statements but did not have any luck.. With the transmission-line mid ranges should I have or avoid sound treatment on the back wall? Any general advice outside of the guidance regarding spacing?


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alllmooost2.webp
Views:	150
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	931122
    Attached Files
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 16:04 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • TEK
    replied
    Leave and come back to sound nirvana or a burned down house - all depending on your skills 8O

    Leave a comment:


  • madmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz
    Two thoughts.


    1. I can't see if you cut a channel in the back of the base so the port could breath. If not, you need pretty tall spikes on the bottom of the base to give the port plenty of breathing room. I used 2 1/2" tall spikes plus I have a 5" wide channel cut in the back of the base.

    2. Breakin; I like to get about 20 hours of playing time before I do much in the way of critical listening. Normal volume playing what you'll listen to is fine. Turn it on and leave.

    Jim
    Turn on a new speaker build and LEAVE???. Oh my......that for me would be just not possible!.

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Thanks-y'all
    Love that lil pocket jig.. It shored up allot of joints needing more than glue/clamping could give.

    Originally posted by john trials
    Driving Statements with a Lepai amp made me laugh!
    Wut? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • john trials
    replied
    That bamboo flooring looks great. Nice build so far. Driving Statements with a Lepai amp made me laugh!

    Leave a comment:


  • Finleyville
    replied
    very nice indeed. I see you own the same Kreg jig and clamps that I do. I hope you like those speakers as much as I like my Finalists.

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz
    Two thoughts.


    1. I can't see if you cut a channel in the back of the base so the port could breath. If not, you need pretty tall spikes on the bottom of the base to give the port plenty of breathing room. I used 2 1/2" tall spikes plus I have a 5" wide channel cut in the back of the base.

    2. Breakin; I like to get about 20 hours of playing time before I do much in the way of critical listening. Normal volume playing what you'll listen to is fine. Turn it on and leave.

    Jim
    Thanks Jim,
    I didn't see the Base channel in the specs but that makes sense. I ran the unfinished base over the table saw, but the finished base will require skill-saw surgery

    Regarding break-in: Ok, very good!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by poppapig
    Thanks-ya Gents!

    Yeah I'm very curious how these will sound. I use the time in the shop to distract me from my subconscious so allot of the motivation is the build vs result but if they blow my mind, I wont complain I have some buddies that are going to come over for the first sound test. We'll mount the drivers, place the speakers, hook-up and either witness my shame (If I mess'd something up) or elation

    Any recommendations on break-in? Content, duration, volume level?
    Two thoughts.


    1. I can't see if you cut a channel in the back of the base so the port could breath. If not, you need pretty tall spikes on the bottom of the base to give the port plenty of breathing room. I used 2 1/2" tall spikes plus I have a 5" wide channel cut in the back of the base.

    2. Breakin; I like to get about 20 hours of playing time before I do much in the way of critical listening. Normal volume playing what you'll listen to is fine. Turn it on and leave.

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Originally posted by soundemon
    Very nice looking build! I bet you are dying to listen to them!
    Thanks-ya Gents!

    Yeah I'm very curious how these will sound. I use the time in the shop to distract me from my subconscious so allot of the motivation is the build vs result but if they blow my mind, I wont complain I have some buddies that are going to come over for the first sound test. We'll mount the drivers, place the speakers, hook-up and either witness my shame (If I mess'd something up) or elation

    Any recommendations on break-in? Content, duration, volume level?

    Leave a comment:


  • soundemon
    replied
    Very nice looking build! I bet you are dying to listen to them!

    Leave a comment:


  • impala454
    replied
    Awesome looking build!

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    In consideration of the various options, I think I will make a third "standard" Statement and run it as a center channel behind an audio-transparent screen. I have a thing about parity

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz
    Very nice build!

    I'd suggest the Frodaddy center based on what you're wanting. There is a thread in Mission Accomplished that should have all the build info.

    Jim
    Ha! I was JUST perusing his pages Thank you Jim, the project has been challenging and allot of fun..

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by poppapig
    Hey all,
    In the past month or so I have embarked on a full-size Statements build. I am nearly finished with the mains and will move on to the Center Channel.

    Here's the build of the Mains (one more to skin):

    Images not available

    Regarding the Center Channel. I would like it to be a full size Statement i.e. retain both 4" mids. I can build it to standard spec and replace my current projection screen with an audio-transparent screen but the speakers are purdy and I'd like it to not hide.

    Thoughts on
    A.) Building the sealed version and just flipping it on it's side
    B.) Offsetting the tweeter and try to maintain on-center distances between all drivers..

    Thanks in advance!
    ​

    Very nice build!

    I'd suggest the Frodaddy center based on what you're wanting. There is a thread in Mission Accomplished that should have all the build info.

    Jim
    Last edited by theSven; 25 July 2023, 09:23 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Build images

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bases1.webp
Views:	158
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	931117
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BaseDryFitting.webp
Views:	153
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	931118
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BaseSkin.webp
Views:	169
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	931119
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OneDown.webp
Views:	159
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	931120
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 16:03 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Build images

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WiredNstuffd.webp
Views:	165
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	931112
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BaffleMount.webp
Views:	166
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	931113
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skinning1.webp
Views:	171
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	931114
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skinning3.webp
Views:	166
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	931115
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skinning2.webp
Views:	168
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	931116
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 16:01 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Build photos

    Click image for larger version

Name:	BaffleCutouts.webp
Views:	173
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	931108
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Baffles.webp
Views:	183
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	931109
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CrossOverKit.webp
Views:	169
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	931110
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TestFeed.webp
Views:	172
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	931111
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 15:58 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Build photos

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Baffle1.webp
Views:	181
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	931103
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Baffle2.webp
Views:	166
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	931104
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Baffle4.webp
Views:	176
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	931105
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CutOut1.webp
Views:	171
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	931106
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Scalloping.webp
Views:	178
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	931107
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 15:56 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    replied
    Build photos

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheet.webp
Views:	162
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	931098
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cuts.webp
Views:	179
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	931099
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Boxes.webp
Views:	171
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	931100
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Assembly.webp
Views:	164
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	931101
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabs.webp
Views:	173
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	931102
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 15:53 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

    Leave a comment:


  • poppapig
    started a topic Statements Build - Bamboo Flooring Skin

    Statements Build - Bamboo Flooring Skin

    Hey all,
    In the past month or so I have embarked on a full-size Statements build. I am nearly finished with the mains and will move on to the Center Channel.

    Here's the build of the Mains (one more to skin):

    Images not available

    Regarding the Center Channel. I would like it to be a full size Statement i.e. retain both 4" mids. I can build it to standard spec and replace my current projection screen with an audio-transparent screen but the speakers are purdy and I'd like it to not hide.

    Thoughts on
    A.) Building the sealed version and just flipping it on it's side
    B.) Offsetting the tweeter and try to maintain on-center distances between all drivers..

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by theSven; 25 July 2023, 09:22 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Related Topics

Collapse

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"