2RCC (Statement Inspired) Center Channel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deewan
    • Feb 2009

I agree with Jim here. As I stated earlier, if you want to build three 2RCC for your front three channels you should have them horizontal behind your screen. Jim makes a very good suggestion to build the Finalist. I fear your desire to build the Statements is going to cause you to make some design modifications and that may/will impact their performance which could sour your experience with DIY speakers.

There are plenty of designs out there. Find one that works for your application and build as designed for your best results.
    The Old Woods Theater
    My Various Speaker Builds
    Statement II Remix build

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

Comment

• kriskluten
      • Oct 2016

Ok. once again thank you.
      So I misunderstood the part width three of the 2RCC. I see that my Statements-dream is step by step being crushed by the more wise people here.

So I`ll approach this a bit differently. Dont want to bother you guys anymore, som I`m starting a new post instead, and I`ll keep Finalist in mind. But I`d really like 3 identical speakers with ribbon as LCR. Again, thank you!

Comment

• kriskluten
        • Oct 2016

Hi again, I`m reviving this thread once more. :-) I have decided to build the regular 2rcc for my center channel, and was wondering if you could check the layout of my crossover before I start to weld and glue..? In advance, thank you.

Image not available
        Last edited by theSven; 07 August 2023, 15:54 Monday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• deewan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kriskluten
          Hi again, I`m reviving this thread once more. :-) I have decided to build the regular 2rcc for my center channel, and was wondering if you could check the layout of my crossover before I start to weld and glue..? In advance, thank you.

Image not available

I no longer have the crossover diagram, but the layout looks pretty good. You could have the one coil upright and perpendicular to the other to ensure there is no interferences. They look to be far enough apart, but it's an easy thing to do to be 100% sure.
          Last edited by theSven; 07 August 2023, 15:55 Monday. Reason: Update quote
          The Old Woods Theater
          My Various Speaker Builds
          Statement II Remix build

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

Comment

• kriskluten
            • Oct 2016

Thanks! The thing I was really curious about was the part on the right with the 8.0 OHM/0.46 UF/0.3 MH. Cause its really not that clear in the image uploaded. It seems to be correct according to the diagram tough..

Image not available
            Last edited by theSven; 07 August 2023, 15:53 Monday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"