X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ILuvDefTech
    • Nov 2004

rsp-1068 running really hot

Looking at past threads on this, it seems like this is just the nature of the beast. But it still bothers me a bit because sometimes it's too hot to even touch. I have it in a Salamander rack with about 2 or 3 inches of space above it with the extended, ventilated rear panel. The sides are enclosed. I don't want to move it to the top of the rack. I'm wondering if I should be worried, if I should install a fan, etc. If a fan is an option, what kind of fan and how would it have to be hooked up?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ILuvDefTech
    Looking at past threads on this, it seems like this is just the nature of the beast. But it still bothers me a bit because sometimes it's too hot to even touch. I have it in a Salamander rack with about 2 or 3 inches of space above it with the extended, ventilated rear panel. The sides are enclosed. I don't want to move it to the top of the rack. I'm wondering if I should be worried, if I should install a fan, etc. If a fan is an option, what kind of fan and how would it have to be hooked up?
    I actually have the Salamander rack, try removing the extended ventilated rear panel, it provides better ventilation. Give it a test. However with the sides being enclosed I would think you are better off with the 1068 on the top, IMHO. That's where my RSP-1098 is located, and it is merely warm to the touch, even after extended play.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

If it runs that hot you're heading for premature failure.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"