X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • begood
    • Oct 2005

SSP-300 7.1 inputs

I currently have a Fosgate FAP T1+. Just bought and returned an onkyo 885P (same as the integra 9.8) in hopes of obtaining the ability to decode the new HD audio formats. Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson, if a pre pro has a good preamp section you can let the bluray player decode the new formats. I returned the onkyo because, the fosgate sounded better via 7.1 input. I am looking into picking up a used SSP-300. I searched this forum and located a post that stated the SSP-300 does not apply any level or distance parameters for 7.1 input. When I reviewed the Classe manual, it seems to state the opposite. Can someone confirm which is correct?

Quote from manual (Page 28) In the SSP-300, these signals are passed through to the speakers with no further processing, in order to preserve the purity of the signal. When this input is selected, the SSP-300 provides only volume control (including the volume offsets used to balance all your loudspeakers to one another)."
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

With the 7.1 input the level and distance can't be set in the processor. The level and distance must be set in the player.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• hd99yr
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
      With the 7.1 input the level and distance can't be set in the processor. The level and distance must be set in the player.
      I have one and you can adjust the level of 7.1. fronts for sure, don't know about distance..

7.1 Channel Analog Audio Input
      A 7.1 channel analog input is provided for use with a multichannel SACD and/or
      DVD-Audio player. For reasons of copy protection, most such players do not
      provide a high-resolution digital output. Instead, they use high quality analog
      outputs.
      In the SSP-300, these signals are passed through to the speakers with no further
      processing, in order to preserve the purity of the signal. When this input is
      selected, the SSP-300 provides only volume control (including the volume offsets
      used to balance all your loudspeakers to one another).

the SSP-300 provides only volume control (including the volume offsets
      used to balance all your loudspeakers to one another).
      " Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN "

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"