X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

Successor for a SSP300?

I wonder if the're rumours about a successor for the SSP300.
    Or a SSP300 with HDMI and HD audio formats. I'm downgrading my set, but like a minimum level. So no SSP800, but I still want a Classe with HDMI and HD audio format.

The little brother of the SSP800 .

Did anyone hear something?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

well...if there was to be one...what should it lack over the 800?

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Vancouver
      well...if there was to be one...what should it lack over the 800?
      The price.....

I have a SSP300, that's enough for me (in quality terms). I know the 600 is better, the 800 is far more better.

But I won't pay 10.000 euro's for the 800. And the 600 is no option, because the missing HDMI and HD decoding.

I'm happy with the SSP300, I wont't sell it for an cheap ass receivers such like Pioneer, Denon, Marantz just for the HDMI and HD audio. I'll stick to Classe, but...........

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi Blue-Eyes,

the "new SSP300" I think don't come in the next years...

You have a power ampli from Classe?

The SSP800 (in Europa) can you buy at hal price..ok, no hdmi, no hd codec..

a. if you have a CAxxxx and you search a "new model" = a long ime waiting!
        b. SSP600 with a great sound and a BD player all bypass... uhm
        c. if you don't have any Classe power ampli and you dont will go out 8k. $. = buy another brand. --> Anthem D2 at fist but you power ampli i very important --> give more info

One SSP600 (to br connect at ours Classe power-ampli) $. 4000 new and a
        decoder for the new "dd+,dts HD,..) willgive you very good sound.

SELL ALL (and LOSS your money) to go with Anthem, Denon, Yamaha for the new decoding.

greetings Omar

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
          I wonder if the're rumours about a successor for the SSP300. Or a SSP300 with HDMI and HD audio formats. I'm downgrading my set, but like a minimum level. So no SSP800, but I still want a Classe with HDMI and HD audio format. The little brother of the SSP800 . Did anyone hear something?
          Unlikely the SSP-800 is bare bones no extras so I wouldn't expect a SSP-400:B
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

There was talk of an SSP-700 that was to be the successor to the SSP-300 when the SSP-800 was in early development.

The SSP-700 was to be priced at $8000 and the SSP-800 was to be priced at $12000. So, basically the SSP-800 is priced at the price of the SSP-300's successor.

We saw the new Bryston SP3 on thursday. It is going to be priced at $10,000.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
              • Dec 2002

When I use the 5.1 analoge then I have to deal with bad bass management of the Sony 550 BR player

The question about my amp: I have the CA2100 and looking for a a ca5100 als replacement for my Parasound 1206 amp (rears, surround and center).
              I also have a SSP300 and CDP300.

I just went over from TAG AV32R BP192 DP and DVD32R to Classe, so I will not change another time. Btw, the TAG set was much more better, but it was calculated because my is not a dedicated HT, and since I have 2 great kids ....

p.s. What about a purchase of a CP500 stereo PRE, and bypass this for the HT? Trade in my SSP300 for a Parasound PRE with HDMI and HD audio (classic series)

p.s. We can only dream of prices of 8000 dollar.... I live in Europe, so I paid 10.000 euro's >= 12000 dollar. If I could pay 8000 dollar for an European SSP800 I think I'll do it!

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

Als u heft de ca2100, ssp300 & cdp300 koopt een CA3200
                een echt front, moi lekker :T

Ik heb een SSP&CA5200: nooit gehoord iets beter, echt. :W

groeten Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

When I use the 5.1 analoge then I have to deal with bad bass management of the Sony 550 BR player

The question about my amp: I have the CA2100 and looking for a a ca5100 als replacement for my Parasound 1206 amp (rears, surround and center).
                  I also have a SSP300 and CDP300.

I just went over from TAG AV32R BP192 DP and DVD32R to Classe, so I will not change another time. Btw, the TAG set was much more better, but it was calculated because my is not a dedicated HT, and since I have 2 great kids ....

p.s. What about a purchase of a CP500 stereo PRE, and bypass this for the HT? Trade in my SSP300 for a Parasound PRE with HDMI and HD audio (classic series)

p.s. We can only dream of prices of 8000 dollar.... I live in Europe, so I paid 10.000 euro's >= 12000 dollar. If I could pay 8000 dollar for an European SSP800 I think I'll do it!

Hi Blue-Eyes
                  I think that you are searching wrong shops for the SSP-800... The maximum price is 8.000€ and if you press your dealer you can take a 15-18% discount (final price 6.800€-7000€)!!! Check here: http://www.audiogamma.it/scheda.php?codpro=1160
                  It is the site of the Italian distributor...!!! So, search for a better dealer there in Netherlands...!!!

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hi planitismetal,

In Italy is a special country for the discount....in Switzerland a official B&W dealer (Rotel/Classe&B&W) can make max. the 6%!!!!
                    up = no more in the "Classe club"!!¨

Sure if I go to a dealer and in a privat room you speak with him you acn have the 10-13%... not more

well, in Europa this is normal...with a $.30000.- cash!!!

Style

Comment

• SwainDtV
                      • Sep 2008

I don't think it's possible to buy the SSP800 in Holland cheaper than € 8000,-
                      That's the price I had to pay. However I did get some discount on cables.

Ab

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Negotiate well if you pay cash you can always get a deal :T
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SwainDtV
                          I don't think it's possible to buy the SSP800 in Holland cheaper than € 8000,-
                          That's the price I had to pay. However I did get some discount on cables.

Ab
                          That's the price....

But I serieus consider the CP500 (secondhand 2000 euro) and for the timebeing a Arcam, Marantz, Parasound HD pre. Trade in of my SSP300.

In time I'll trade in the HD pre and the CP500 for a SSP800. That gives me time to bring some money to my bank

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

I wonder if the're rumours about a successor for the SSP300.
                            Or a SSP300 with HDMI and HD audio formats. I'm downgrading my set, but like a minimum level. So no SSP800, but I still want a Classe with HDMI and HD audio format.

The little brother of the SSP800 .

Did anyone hear something?
                            Classe' doesn't have a definitive roadmap of future products but variations based on the SSP-800 are planned but none of which will be a direct successor to the SSP-300. Though some variants may come close enough to meeting your requirements you'll be waiting some time for that to occur.
                            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                              Classe' doesn't have a definitive roadmap of future products but variations based on the SSP-800 are planned but none of which will be a direct successor to the SSP-300. Though some variants may come close enough to meeting your requirements you'll be waiting some time for that to occur.
                              All digital unit a la Meridian maybe:T

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Classe go with the SSP800 away... new codec, firmware,...

a new SSP processor will be not in the programm for the next year.
                                Is really not a good idea a presentation of a SSP400!? with all inside, where in this moment the SSP800 dont come...and with a "lighter price"..
                                uhm, I dont think that will be possible.

style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                  Can you tell something about the variations?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Aug 2003

Can you tell something about the variations?
                                    I'm not sure if Dave wanted us to share those specifics. Think of logical successors that might be plausible to implement based on the current SSP-800's features and capability. Something that wouldn't take much design effort, would utilize the current technology, but reach different audiences.
                                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Nolan B
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                      I'm not sure if Dave wanted us to share those specifics. Think of logical successors that might be plausible to implement based on the current SSP-800's features and capability. Something that wouldn't take much design effort, would utilize the current technology, but reach different audiences.

All digital, no EQ, 1 only HDMI out?

Would they actually purposely engineer it to not sound as good as the 800?

Comment

• garak
                                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                        I would guess an SSP-500, which like the SSP-300 is the SSP-600 without balance audio, would be an SSP-800 without balanced inputs/outputs.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                          • Dec 2002

I wonder if the're more people who want a "SSP400 / 500".

Comment

• Nolan B
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Sep 2005

Well I would want a SSP 500 but would be dissapointed if they got rid of balanced outputs. The 800 is likely more then I need.

Even just a 100% pure digital version for 6K would be great.

Sorry if this is a dumb, but what benefit do you really get with balanced connections and i you were to assign a % in quality advantage using them over RCA what would that be??

Comment

• mjb
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

Sorry if this is a dumb, but what benefit do you really get with balanced connections and i you were to assign a % in quality advantage using them over RCA what would that be??
                                              For a short interconnect (<6ft), absolutely none = 0% advantage :E
                                              It looks nice, and it has bragging value, but thats it in the hi-fi world :P
                                              - Mike

Main System:
                                              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Ok here you go a SSP-500

- 7.1 pre/pro with XLR for the amp
                                                - All digital with 4 HDMi 1.3 or 2.0
                                                - Ethernet connection and that is all
                                                - Same DAC as in the SSP-800

- No analogue, RCA for sources,
                                                - No S-Video,
                                                - No Component video
                                                - No video processor
                                                - No EQ
                                                - No new Codec
                                                - No THX

Price $5000

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                                                  Ok here you go a SSP-500

- 7.1 pre/pro with XLR for the amp
                                                  - All digital with 4 HDMi 1.3 or 2.0
                                                  - Ethernet connection and that is all
                                                  - Same DAC as in the SSP-800

- No analogue, RCA for sources,
                                                  - No S-Video,
                                                  - No Component video
                                                  - No video processor
                                                  - No EQ
                                                  - No new Codec
                                                  - No THX

Price $5000
                                                  perfect..t think 1 optical and coax would be needed for a music server. i dont think adding the new codec would really increase the price...but i could care less if they are there. it would just help sales.

they could make it 5.1 to separate it from the 800 a little more.

Comment

• wettou
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • May 2006

perfect..t think 1 optical and coax would be needed for a music server. i dont think adding the new codec would really increase the price...but i could care less if they are there. it would just help sales.

they could make it 5.1 to separate it from the 800 a little more.
                                                    Yes good suggestion I need an optical connection for my iMac music server

Comment

Working...
                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                    Search Result for "|||"