How many more times is Wettou going to mention the DSP upgrade?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

How many more times is Wettou going to mention the DSP upgrade?

inquiring minds want to know... this includes his posts on other boards that we have seen him on. :T
    Once a week
    30.00%
    at least 2 times a week
    20.00%
    5 or more times a week
    50.00%
    never again
    0.00%
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
    inquiring minds want to know... this includes his posts on other boards that we have seen him on. :T
    "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" - Queen Padme

I don't agree with this "poll" against the Right of Free Speech! :nonod:

It's not what my father fought for in World War II as a Paratrooper, and spent over 6 months as a Prisoner of War after being captured at the Battle of the Bulge. Nor, is it what thousands of US soldiers have died for in many battles to defend our liberty.

One does not have to agree with others, but no one has the right of censorship!

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Wettou you can listen your music with great the Integra.....

or you have buyed a Classe ssp800?

well, Classe without or with DSP upgrade is not important for your.....

How many time only in this Forum or total with others Forum?

Omar

Comment

• Hberg
        • Apr 2008

This is unfortunate ...

I will not participate in this poll.

It is my understanding that this is a forum to share ideas and thoughts surrounding audio equipment. I think this poll and thread spur additional unproductive and combative banter.
        "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by beden1

It's not what my father fought for in World War II as a Paratrooper, and spent over 6 months as a Prisoner of War after being captured at the Battle of the Bulge. Nor, is it what thousands of US soldiers have died for in many battles to defend our liberty.

censorship goes both ways. are you trying to "censor" me? I think you're being rather melo-dramatic. We probably all have ties to war heroes.

I have nothing wrong with Wettou. If we can't poke fun at ourselves from time to time, and have to be all codgy, then we are effectively censoring ourselves, whether you call it that or not.

you can choose to participate or not. that is your choice.

and your arguement on my quote is non-sequitor.

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

censorship goes both ways. are you trying to "censor" me?

I think you're being rather melo-dramatic. We probably all have ties to war heroes.

I have nothing wrong with Wettou. If we can't poke fun at ourselves from time to time, and have to be all codgy, then we are effectively censoring ourselves, whether you call it that or not.

you can choose to participate or not. that is your choice.

and your arguement on my quote is non-sequitor.
            This is just inciting divisive mob behavior, and trying to bully Wettou's silence!

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

and your arguement on my quote is "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" - Queen Padme .
              I think you meant to say argument.

I looked up your quote in the dictionary. "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" - Queen Padme

Sorry, but I was too busy dating girls before I got married, to know much about Star Wars!

With any other free time that I had during college, I was actively demonstrating against Richard Nixon and others in our government who tried to divisively censor our generation.

Comment

• garak
                • Jul 2007

Hey Guys,

I think we just need to take a deep breath and relax.

I don't believe sikoniko was trying to muzzle wettou, but rather a tongue in cheek attempt to make light of how our friend wettou incessantly makes negative comments about the SSP-800, usually about it's lack of the dual DSP.

I think we sometimes take ourselves and this board too seriously. However, in any event, there's no need for personal attacks.

I just hope Classe does release the dual DSP soon, because I am growing tired of reading, "yes but it doesn't decode TrueHD or dts-HD MA. I won't buy until then because I've gotten burned before" every other post. :W

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

I looked up your quote in the dictionary. "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" - Queen Padme

Sorry, but I was too busy dating girls before I got married, to know much about Star Wars!

With any other free time that I had during college, I was actively demonstrating against Richard Nixon and others in our government who tried to divisively censor our generation.
                  then you understand that the arts are some of the best means to express views on the world by creative and expressive people, and that even though my quote is from a movie, instead a historical figure, it is still a statement that I felt relevant to my view of our world politics at the current time, in a non-violent manner. The thing is, it is up to you to interpret what I actually mean by it - because I won't tell you.

I am not inciting anything. What you are doing is saying that unless I say something nice about someone, I can't say it. I believe you should research communist North Korea, and ponder your comments. Then think about freedom of speech. :T If you tell me you know already, then you aren't thinking hard enough.

I mean no harm or ill-will to Wettou. In fact, I invite him to join in, in good fun. I'm not asking him to not say what he thinks and I'm not telling him he is not welcomed here, or anywhere.

One parting thought, which I don't understand why you are taking this so personal... Do you and your friends ever pick, harass, jest, be sarcastic, or play jokes on each other? If not, maybe you should. Like is too short to be uptight about things of no consequence.

Now, Wettou, I hope you take this thread in light-hearted good-fun. As I have no intentions of defaming you. Its just fun. :P

I consider you guys my classe family. People I can relate to with my love of music and my enjoyment of classe products. I would have no problems inviting any of you to my house, sharing a beer or enjoying a movie/listening session with. Lets not take things personal. Like is stressful enough.

Comment

• beden1
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006

Sikoniko;

I'll just leave my point as this: You claim this has been your attempt at having fun with Wettou, like you're friends? The only problem is, I have not seen any exchanges between you two that have been all that friendly.

I have viewed what your attempting to do, as nothing more than divisive censorship . . . and just a slant on how you tried to have me censored for not agreeing with you in the past!

Comment

• H.T.C
                      • Nov 2003

I also had a uncle in ww2 which his unit was combat command b/814 tank destroyer battalion/7 armored division and was in three campaigns which were: holland (overloon)/the ardennes offensive (the defense of st vith)/and the battle for germany and ended with his division meeting the russians on the elb river,

One of his officers was will rodgers jr.

His name is on the national ww2 memorial in washington,dc and certified 02/12/2002.

Let wettou continue dsp talks and skonko ment no harm.
                      Robert

Comment

• sikoniko
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by H.T.C
                        I also had a uncle in ww2 which his unit was combat command b/814 tank destroyer battalion/7 armored division and was in three campaigns which were: holland (overloon)/the ardennes offensive (the defense of st vith)/and the battle for germany and ended with his division meeting the russians on the elb river,

One of his officers was will rodgers jr.

His name is on the national ww2 memorial in washington,dc and certified 02/12/2002.
                        we could easily have a thread as a memorial to war heroes. My grandfather served on the U.S.S. South Dakota in the PAC fleet during the battle of Santa Cruz.

from wikipedia - A third aerial assault, made by dive bombers and torpedo planes; came in at 12:30. South Dakota sustained a 500 pound (250 kg) bomb hit on top of her number one turret.
                        he sustained shrapnel wounds up his entire right side from this blast and received a purple hart from Admiral Palsy.

One of his cousins died on Iowa Jima (who my father was named after). We have the rifle and letters from a distant cousin who served for the north in the civil war. My father was preparing to storm the beaches of egypt in the '70s for the tet offensive if the camp david accord didn't work out. My uncle lost 2 fingers from a grenade in vietnam. I also have numerous friends who have been to Iraq and Afghanistan in the past few years.

This is probably off topic, but oh well.

Comment

• beden1
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006

But, when is Classe going to offer the DSP upgrade? Inquiring minds would like to know! :B

Comment

• Gump
                            • Sep 2005

Let me look into my crystal ball---- 8O ....I see something...What is it?....It's a little murky... I can't tell for sure....Oh yes, there it is!

A Big Padlock coming our way! :frypan:

Comment

• RobP
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

Sikoniko, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? I just really don't see any point in it at all.
                              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Alaric
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006

Huh?

Censorship? Is sikoniko a government agent attempting to silence political discourse? It struck me as good-humored fun. I admit I don't know anything of the history (if any) between sikoniko and wettou , but there seems to be a lot of better ways to discuss this than those currently offered. My $.02 Do people really want to get angry over this? :roll:
                                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                Schiit Modi 3
                                Marantz CD5005
                                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• sikoniko
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RobP
                                  Sikoniko, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? I just really don't see any point in it at all.
                                  you know.. life is stressful enough. I was just attempting to have some fun on the boards. I have nothing against Wettou, or wse, or whatever you want to call him. I respect him and his opinion. I've even asked for it offline a couple times. I was hoping to meet him in Vegas at CES.

10 people have voted. 1 person said they don't agree and 1 person is emotionally heated over it, and none of them is wettou. Can't wettou speak for himself?

So, beden is trying to bully me... just like he did before... and do to me exactly what he claims he is protecting for wettou. he feels that he is the authority on everything it appears. its petty and not worth it. maybe he thinks he has the right to judge. I don't claim that right.

the reason i asked the other thread to be closed was not to censor anyone. When someone gets too emotionally attached, nothing productive can come of it and its time to move on. perhaps its that time again here, as the same person is emotionally attached again.

here's a historical quote for you:
                                  Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Aug 2003

But, when is Classe going to offer the DSP upgrade? Inquiring minds would like to know! :B
                                    do you have kids? what do you tell them when they ask:

"are we there yet?" 50 times during a trip?

asking over and over isn't going to make it happen any sooner.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

and by the way.. my quote is quite relevant to this thread. you take my liberties and applaud in the process from your high-horse. you have become what you despised... "the circle is now complete".

Comment

• ThomasW
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2000

Regardless of it's intent this 'poll' specifically targets a member of the forum.

In addition the thread has now turned into personal bickering and attacks. That's not what HT-Guide is about.

Thread closed.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"