Considering statements for HT, how will they compare to Dunlavy/Linkwitz?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • downhiller2010
    • Jul 2014

Considering statements for HT, how will they compare to Dunlavy/Linkwitz?

So I'm looking at building a set of Statements for the first part of my home theater build. I already have two systems- one linkwitz LX521 system that I finished late last year and also a pair of Dunlavy SC-IV's. While these are both phenomenal loudspeakers in their own right, neither seems overly practical for HT. I live in a remote are and will not have a chance to hear a pair of statements before construction begins, so I was wondering if anyone who has heard either of these loudspeakers could help me try and compare and contrast to understand what I am getting into.
  • Renron
    • Jan 2008

I have heard the LX521 and I have built a copy/clone of the center channel Statement. For HT, I would build the Statements. Hard to beat the quality and dynamics for HT. Blowin' yer hair back and socks off at the same time. There have been updates to the original design. New mids and tweeter.
    I thought (IMO) that the LX521s were a bit bottom heavy. But it could have been the listening room too. My opinion is not worth much thou...........
    Ron
    Ardent TS

Comment

• bostonmurf
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by downhiller2010
      So I'm looking at building a set of Statements for the first part of my home theater build. I already have two systems- one linkwitz LX521 system that I finished late last year and also a pair of Dunlavy SC-IV's. While these are both phenomenal loudspeakers in their own right, neither seems overly practical for HT. I live in a remote are and will not have a chance to hear a pair of statements before construction begins, so I was wondering if anyone who has heard either of these loudspeakers could help me try and compare and contrast to understand what I am getting into.
      Hiif you are going to make the statements (original) and are looking for cheap crossovers give me a shout. i have some that were built by meniscus audio and ill do you a good deal on them if your interested.
      awesome speakers!!
      Darren

Comment

• Pknaz
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by downhiller2010
        help me ... understand what I am getting into.
        You're getting into a LOT of work - but the rewards will be justly enjoyed. I'm working on my HT based on the Statements as well, I've started with the surrounds using the Statements Monitor, the wood for my center and full sized Statemenets II should be arriving this week.

Post pictures! Everyone loves to see photos of new builds.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"