Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daverph
    • Jul 2018

How will Statement II's Compare with Legacy Classics

Hello All, I have been wanting to build some Statement II's for awhile and hopefully will start them in a month or so. I currently use Legacy Classics as my main fronts and was wondering how the Statements will compare. Use in a 14.5 x 28 ft dedicated home theater room. I really love the Legacy's but have always wanted to build my own speakers. Any thoughts?
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Daverph
    Hello All, I have been wanting to build some Statement II's for awhile and hopefully will start them in a month or so. I currently use Legacy Classics as my main fronts and was wondering how the Statements will compare. Use in a 14.5 x 28 ft dedicated home theater room. I really love the Legacy's but have always wanted to build my own speakers. Any thoughts?
    I'm not sure how much help this will be since it's been about 25 years since I listened to them in Legacy's listening room at Springfield. I ended up buying Signature II's which I owned for several years before I grew tired of the "boom and sizzle" that Legacy speakers are known for. Since Curt and I designed the Statements and Statements II, I can assure you they are very balanced and dynamic with drivers selected for low distortion natural reproduction. IMHO, the drivers we selected are superior to the ones used in the Legacy Classics. The differences are very obvious.

There are many pairs of Statements II that have been built. I'd suggest you post on the various audio forums and see if there's someone close by that would allow you to listen to their pair.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• Daverph
      • Jul 2018

Thanks for the reply Jim. My nephew worked at Legacy a short time and echoed your response that the drivers would be better and cross over better quality if I built the Statements II. I have followed many build threads and will start my own shortly, I appreciate seeing all the posts and love the fact that you usually pop in with your expertise, thank your very much.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Daverph
        Thanks for the reply Jim. My nephew worked at Legacy a short time and echoed your response that the drivers would be better and cross over better quality if I built the Statements II. I have followed many build threads and will start my own shortly, I appreciate seeing all the posts and love the fact that you usually pop in with your expertise, thank your very much.
        My pleasure! WE're looking forward to seeing your build and helping whenever needed.

Good luck with the build!

Jim

Comment

• Juhazi
          • May 2008

Legacy Audio Classic HT package was tested in Sound&Vision https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-labs-measures.

Main speakers on-axis is topmost purple line

I bet that Statements sound different!
          My DIY speaker history: -74 Philips 3-way, -82 Hifi 85B, -07 Zaph L18, -08 Hifitalo AW-7, CSS125FR, -09 MarkK ER18DXT, -13 PPSL470Dayton, -13 AINOgradient, -18 Avalanche AS-1 dsp, -18 MR183w

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"