X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deucelee
    • Nov 2008

budget towers - TriTrix vs. BAMTM

hey guys,

my bro's asking me to build him a set of budget towers with the potential to add a center and two rear MT's for HT in the future...

we're looking at curts tritrix and zaph's bamtm...

looks wise, the nod goes to the BAMTM's, they also have a 1.5 inch advantage over the tritrix's (5.5" vs. 7")...we'll probably end up doing zaph's sealed MTM for the center if we go with the bamtm's...

I did PE's easy button on the TriTrix and the total came up to $177.87 (excluding the acustafill and terminals).

Seems like the BAMTM came up to $237.74 for the updated prices on all the items...

Dayton DA175-8 - $24.56 (at 4 or more)
    Seas 27TBFCG - $43.20
    L2 - 1.80 mH .47 ohm Sidewinder 16AWG $15.65 ea
    C4 - 31 uF Bennic Electrolytic $1.30
    R6 - 7 ohm Eagle Metal Oxide Film non-inductive $1.20 ea
    C7 - 10 uF Bennic Metallized Poly $4.50
    L8 - .30 mH .2 ohm MB Standard 19ga $3.90 ea

Curts been very helpful with my TriTrix questions and I thank him for that.

price wise, the TriTrix holds a $60 difference...that might not seem much, but in the budget world, thats 33% more compared to the TriTrix...hmmm...this also means when we do the center and MT's, the price will go up some more...

Can anyone tell me what I can expect the differences to be between the two sets sound wise?

any other nice budget towers out there? anyone ever had to choose between these two? which one would you go with? why?

thanks for putting up with all my questions...
  • deucelee
    • Nov 2008

edit - n/m, found out answer on my own question about the MT's...the silver AI's seem to work

Comment

• Operandi
      • May 2007

I haven't heard the Zaph BAMTM but one consists of all AL drivers with the other being soft drivers so I would expect some differences there. The generic assumption being that one would be more laid back (TriTrix) and the other more revealing (BAMTM).

You might try asking in the PE forum. More users, and this forum seems to have slight bias towards the higher-end.

Either way I don't think you could go wrong with any Curt or Zaph design really, flip a coin?

Comment

• deucelee
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Operandi
        I haven't heard the Zaph BAMTM but one consists of all AL drivers with the other being soft drivers so I would expect some differences there. The generic assumption being that one would be more laid back (TriTrix) and the other more revealing (BAMTM).

You might try asking in the PE forum. More users, and this forum seems to have slight bias towards the higher-end.

Either way I don't think you could go wrong with any Curt or Zaph design really, flip a coin?
        thanks man...

my bro wants a tad more bass so we're gonna do the BAMTM...

i'd love to compare them to your tritrix's when it's done...later

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"