X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

Pics of my HT

Here are some pics of my Ht. The lighting is bad so the pictures are a bit dark. These are old I did do some renovations I will be taking and posting them soon.

My HT
    Jason
  • Jariten
    • Jun 2000

Neat little setup !!!

:T

Happy listening

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Looks good Juan!

Enjoy!
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Very nice, Juan.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Prozakk
          • Jul 2004

What's driving your Monitor 11's? What crossover point are you using?

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Jay --

You have assembled a fine set of equipment to watch movies and listen to music with. Despite your apology for the photos, most of them they aren't all that bad. The shots that show how you've set things up come through pretty well. The only shot that is really too dark is the close up of the Denon AVR-2803, but we can see a shot of that front panel elsewhere if we really want to or need to (like the shot included with the review at Home Theater Magazine's site). On the other hand, after spoiling us with aptly descriptive titles like "Paradigm Monitor 7 Rear Right", some of those other photo titles like “cid_B9B5BBBA383011D8BF47DBCB72BCCC4E@snj-us-pcwp-705" could use some work. :>)

Just one suggestion on your setup -- especially if you are into two channel music. If you haven't tried this already, you might want to pull your front main speakers forward enough that the fronts of the speakers are at least a bit forward of the TV and cabinetry. Otherwise, with the speakers pushed back like they are in the pictures, the cabinets and TV can serve as an extended baffle for the speaker drivers and "scatter"/muffle the sound.

You will probably notice an immediate improvement in your system's soundstage and imaging if you pull the speakers a bit more forward. You might want to try edging them forward an inch at a time past the point where they have cleared the plane defined by the cabinets and TV and see which position gives the most improvement. Such a repositioning might even help on movie soundtracks, although those are so heavily controlled by Dolby or DTS that the speaker baffle/boundary effect is a lot less critical.

Of course if the speakers have been irrevocably placed by the "decorating committee" (a.k.a. “significant other”) then all bets are off -- keep the speakers where they are! :>) But if the arrangement is subject to negotiation, all who listen will probably enjoy the improvement.

Enjoy!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Juan Cortez
              • May 2003

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Prozakk

As of now I am using a Denon AVR-2803 to power the whole system. I am planning on upgrading to either the NAD T773, or to go with the new Anthem AVM-30 once the new upgrade is in, and probably the PVA 2 and PVA 5. All the speakers are set to small and the crossover is 80 HZ.
              Jason

Comment

• Juan Cortez
                • May 2003

Burke Strickland

Thanks, I did renovated the room (painting, new trims/baseboards, new lights )I haven't updated my pics yet, hope to do it soon.

I did pull them a bit forward of the TV, as well as pulled them away, from the cabinet about an inch and a half. I am still trying to fool around with it, I will let you know when I find the best placement for them. Again thanks for the suggestions.
                Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Juan, if you can, separate the speakers from the cabinetry a good bit more (6-12 inches), and not only from the sides, but slide them forward 6-8 inches aso. You'll be surprised at the change in the soundfield - especially from the sweet spot.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Juan Cortez
                    • May 2003

Thanks Dave, I will try that. I had them at one point far enough away from the cabinet I would say a good 12" which still left me a good 3-4 feet from the wall. When I did listen in 2 channel there were sounds that sounded as if they were being played my by surround speakers, even though they were off. The sound stage was huge. I pushed them back towards tha cabinet because I thought I went to far. Was that placement abit to far or is that what I am looking for when placing them?

Thanks again
                    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

When you are hearing music coming from areas other than the speaker enclosures, you are DEFINITELY on the right track! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Juan Cortez
                        • May 2003

Well I think I found the sweet spot. I pulled them forward, they are now 2 feet from the front wall. I also pulled them 3" away from the cabinet, and wow did it ever make a difference. The front sound stage is huge.

Still working on the new pics, try to get them up as soon as I can.

Thanks again, if you have any other suggestions feel free to add them.
                        Jason

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"