X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diofan56
    • Nov 2007

A/V System Rack?

Hi all!

I am trying to design an A/V rack system to hold all 9 of my components including a turntable and a a soon-to-have 50-inch plasma TV. I was originally wanting to have it done in steel or aluminum but the more I think about it I would prefer it be made from wood. Preferably Cocobolo. I love the grain patterns in that wood!

If you would like to do so please email me with some pics of your setups. Also feel free to send links to some sites/pictures. I am hoping to get some great ideas from you guys who are better designers than I am.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    diofan56
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Here is a pic of mine. I cant take any credit or the design, that alll goes to B&O. If you are looking for a contemporary look you may want to think about angling the front.

This is made out of rubber and aluminum.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Whoa, dude... that's AWESOME! And looking at what else I can see in the picture, with wood floors, brick walls, and tile fireplace, it looks like you have QUITE the chic room!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
        Whoa, dude... that's AWESOME! And looking at what else I can see in the picture, with wood floors, brick walls, and tile fireplace, it looks like you have QUITE the chic room!
        Thanks!

Its a nice place if you are into the exposed brick look. Im a bit embarrassed about the fireplace because its not done. Im actually starting a new project in 2008 to remove and move it.

Here is a picture of my surounds.

Head on
        Last edited by Nolan B; 01 January 2008, 01:54 Tuesday.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Another thought is to build from the top down. This way you can open up a lot of floorspace that you may otherwise have occupied. For example, here's a shot of my first theater room - circa 1994-95.

Attached Files

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• diofan56
            • Nov 2007

Interesting. How do you hook everything up? Is there a door on the other side of the wall where you can get to all the connections?

Dave

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

You got it, Dave. There is a door on the back of the equipment cabinet that allowed me to access the cables and such from a utility room.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• RobP
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Here is another idea for a rack, this one is VERY expensive, but the design is great and the looks are fantastic

I use a cheaper VTI rack, they can be purchased in many different modules that can be stacked to fit your needs, but if you have a tall amplifier like I do you will have to modify it a bit, I ended up turning down some aluminum leg extenders on mine.

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"