X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brac
    • Aug 2005

Berkline seating w/ butt kickers......

Hey guys,
    I have a chance to buy a few of these at a great price just was hoping someone could give me some input on things like build quality. I can buy them I just have no way to see them before it happens.
    Thanks
    Brac
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Berklines do have a good reputation and I think you'd be happy with those. I'd be hesitant with the BK's installed, for a few reasons. Buttkickers specifically (in comparison to other tactile products) are quite low fidelity. They require a LOT of power, and really are mostly shakers, just vibrating objects, often with a lot of strength. In contrast, other tactile products are actually TRANSDUCERS, requiring 1/4 or less of the power of BK's, and actually transmit the specific low frequency actuating the transducer, so the tactile vibration is actually maintained at that frequency to your body and then up to your hear, adding to the sound reception.

So I'd be cautious as to how they're already installed in the seating. Use of strong Buttkickers can over time tear apart mounting or the seating itself if not installed carefully, just as if you were to hook up a low-powered jackhammer to the seat.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Berklines do have a good reputation and I think you'd be happy with those. I'd be hesitant with the BK's installed, for a few reasons. Buttkickers specifically (in comparison to other tactile products) are quite low fidelity. They require a LOT of power, and really are mostly shakers, just vibrating objects, often with a lot of strength. In contrast, other tactile products are actually TRANSDUCERS, requiring 1/4 or less of the power of BK's, and actually transmit the specific low frequency actuating the transducer, so the tactile vibration is actually maintained at that frequency to your body and then up to your ear, adding to the sound reception at the brain and your body's sensation.

So I'd be cautious as to how they're already installed in the seating. Use of strong Buttkickers can over time tear apart mounting or the seating itself if not installed carefully, just as if you were to hook up a low-powered jackhammer to the seat.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Berklines do have a good reputation and I think you'd be happy with those. I'd be hesitant with the BK's installed, for a few reasons. Buttkickers specifically (in comparison to other tactile products) are quite low fidelity. They require a LOT of power, and really are mostly shakers, just vibrating objects, often with a lot of strength. In contrast, other tactile products are actually TRANSDUCERS, requiring 1/4 or less of the power of BK's, and actually transmit the specific low frequency actuating the transducer, so the tactile vibration is actually maintained at that frequency to your body and then up to your ear, adding to the sound reception at the brain and your body's sensation.

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"