X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brac
    • Aug 2005

Choosing theater seating

I can go as wide as 135" and would lke to be able to seat 4 adults. Wouldnt mind a reclining loveseat middle section, want to have some tactiles incorporated. If anyone is upgrading I may be intrested, but I was wondering if having the tactiles can cause trouble with the funiture? I have read that "buttkickers" is like tying a juckhammer to you couch. Also I see a lot of stuff on ebay at good prices, has anybody bought this stuff and is it good quality? Just looking for advise. Tired of sitting in folding chairs.

And really guys post some input. I try to help others when I can but my post seem to get very few responses...
    Thanks
    Brac
    Dexter, Maine
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hiya, Brac. For me, I found Salamander Matteo seats to be the perfect solution. They have one of the narrowest footprints (width it takes up on the floor) while maximizing available width and comfort for persons. You can configure them in a row, a curved row, and incorporate both reclining loveseats and tactile transducers. Would your 135" be just for the chairs, or is that the actual room width?

For over 20 years, Salamander Designs has been designing and manufacturing award-winning, customizable AV Furniture, TV Wall Mounts and Home Theater Seating.

You can also see my theater pics, including my Matteo seats in my threads here in Spaced Out.

For transducers, we've had several discussions on them lately in various threads here in the Guide. A search should turn them up easily. I personally have the Clark Synthesis TST's, which the Matteo seats are specifically designed for, so you won't have quality problems. If you do a custom "shaker" install to a chair, make sure it has good build quality, especially if you're using high-powered shakers.

I'm currently writing a comprehensive tactile transducer guide to help people. I'll let you know when it's done.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• brac
      • Aug 2005

The 135" is max for seating the romm is 185" Those look like great seats, only ones I have seen that mention Clark TST's. I've been reading all I can about shakers and think I will be going Clark. I wish the Salamander's fit my budget, would like to spend about $1500.

BTW.. been following your other thread, I use all the same speakers.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"