want to build TV, LCR standing spkrs into wall---how to start?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpolmann
    • Dec 2004

want to build TV, LCR standing spkrs into wall---how to start?

I have done many renovations to the house, and now time to work in living room area. I have Mitsubishi rear projection TV with B&W center speaker on top plus B&W speakers floorstanding left and right. Surrounds and backs are in the ceiling. For aesthetics, want to "build in" the TV and the front speakers. Would be DIY. Put speakers on shelves and hide speakers behind cloth grilles. Of course, I am concerned about having enough "air" around the speakers in order to retain some reasonable soundstage. I'd rather not go with in-wall speakers as I am told by dealers who sell them that I will not get same audio quality that I have with cabinet B&W. Audio/video components would be in a "closet" to the side or around the corner. All wiring to be hidden. Any suggestions on how to start this project would be very much appreciated. Guidance? References? Reading material? Other forums? Websites? Manufacturers? Tricks of the trade? Words of wisdom? Cautions? Thanks in advance.
    Don
  • dpolmann
    • Dec 2004

graphic attached. any thoughts on this??

Please take a look at the stick drawing and share any thoughts you have. The speaker space will be larger than the speaker, and the front face of that space would be covered with grill cloth on a frame of some type flush with the wall. the TV screen would be flush with the wall face, and controls the depth of the new enclosures as this is by far the largest item. Thanks for looking. 8)
    Attached Files
    Don

Comment

• Patt
      • Feb 2005

Hi Don,

How far along are you on your project?

Do you have any more specific questions?
      ......Pat

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Don, I had a report that your file changed someone's browser settings, not sure what, but I'll have to caution people about clicking on that if that's the case.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Joz0234
          • May 2005

Don, I did the same thing you are talking about in my basement. The only difference is I have a small room behind my wall and have easy access to all my equipment. I've included a few photos as attachments-I hope!! Good Luck!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"