X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penningtonsm
    • Jan 2005

Wires Wires WIres

Hey guys. Just joined this site and I love it. So much knowledge. And since I am on it I might as well ask a question thats been kinda puzzeling me and see if I can get some help. Question is: If i wall mount my speakers what can i do to hide the wires. I have a room that i cant run wires through the ceiling or even underneath, so I was hoping that there is some product out there that may cover the wires, or something to that effect. Thanks in advance.

Steve
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

There are covers that will run wires on your wall and cover them up and come in a variety of colors...

Or you could look into putting a hold in the wall running the speaker wire down to the bottom (behind the bottom corner board then run the wire behind that... That can work...and they do make baseboards that have a groove for wires to run in them.

Just a quick suggestion.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Home Depot has some of those channels and base boards with gooves in them etc so you might want to check out their selection (or stores similar to HD). I'd also buy a wall snake as they are cheap and make pulling wire though walls easy (well not to difficult if all goes well )

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Steve, a couple of questions: How tall are your walls and where do you live (no street address, just city :W )?

The reason for the questions is that if you have a wall over 8' in height, many building codes require bracers running from stud to stud to cut down on flex in the wall. If these are installed vertically you can work a tape past them, but if they are installed horizontally they block the entire void area. Some builders don't put them in or only put them in every other run so you may still be okay if you have a 9', 10' or higher wall. Just something else to consider.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"