X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bladerunner
    • Jul 2005

Good surface wire channel to use?

I am mounting my plasma and installing my speakers now. The wall I am using however is a pain. It has a header board running through it about 2 feet up the wall as the house is a split level and shares this as a load bearing wall. I won't be cutting into those boards! So I cannot run my panel wires down the wall. I have my speaker wires going up in the attic so those are fine but no going down. So I need a good looking wiring conduit or moulding to run down the wall and terminate into a box. Anybody aware of some nice looking stuff? There will be about a 1.5inch diameter bundle of wires from the panel.
    And I thought mounting my panel would be easy. Should have known that can't happen.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Steve, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Have you considered building a small chaise? That gives you the option to build it to the width/depth you need and with the tons of molding designs available, you can generally get something to go well with your existing style.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• bladerunner
      • Jul 2005

Thanks for the post. I am considering your idea. Got the woodworking tools basically. I did find a channel made by Hellerman that looks like an excellent option for AV channels as it's not 'ugly' like typical wall moulding for wiring.
      Busy getting my Paradigm AMS250's in the walls right now. I basically constructed speaker boxes inside my walls using 3/4 plywood and construction grade panel adhesives. Thank God for 6foot long drill bits too!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"