Connection for Speaker wire behind wall?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Connection for Speaker wire behind wall?

I have some wire run behind my wall for speaker and am preparing to finish the room with paint and carpet. The wires are extra, but I want to be able to access them later. I know I should run them through a box, but is there a face plate that I can wire to and then run my speaker to this face plate connection. So instead of having a telephone jack or something, is there a speaker jack I can use? Any pics? Thanks all.
    Roly
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

yeah there are several kinds that I have used before. I will edit this post and show you thinks

Edit:

The best is Vanco scroll down and see it. Just make sure that you leave enough wire o connect to the back of the receiver!

and if you have to have terminated post then check out these.

they make ones that have 4 speaker terminations as well.

Go with Vanco it is the BEST way!

PS: Radio Shack carries the 4 speaker binding post for 25.99! Just thought you would want to know.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Snap,
      You can get some cheaper at Ac4l.com
      AC4l 4 speaker binding post link

I use these and can recommend them(Ac4l as well). Excellent service.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I have the same type as pictured above in my HT room.

Also ensure that you wire is CL2 or CL3, to ensure you are covered by your home insurance in case of fire.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Rolyasm
          • Dec 2004

Stopped by Radio Shack. I saw what you are talking about. The 2 post connectors were 12 dollars. They also had black ones with push down wire connectors, you know, you push on the tab and the hole opens up, but the connections on the back looked very small. They were square connectors and looked like I needed to fit the wire with a square female adapter. Too flimsy I think, though I liked them more because they were black. I also asked about an SPL meter. They didn't know what I was talking about. I told them what it did, still not a clue. Oh well. I will try a different store manana. Thanks all.
          Roly

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Tell them you are looking for a sound meter, not SPL. They don't know the difference.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Glen B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2004

Tell them you're looking for catalog item #33-4050. I find that it always helps to go to the Radio Shack website and get the CAT# for an item prior to visiting the store. That way, when they don't know what the item is (which is always) :duh: they can look it up.

Comment

• Rolyasm
                • Dec 2004

Thanks. I went to a different store and the sales person acually knew how to use one. He suggested the digital, but I went with the analog because it seems to be what most in here are using. He liked the digital because it would lock in and record any peaks. The wire is in the wall and connected. I used a four post like shane showed in his picture above. Easy to install. Thanks.
                Roly

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"