X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rpal2
    • Sep 2004

HTPC and pro decoding (Lynx, Apogee)

Dear All,
    I'm new of this forum and I've to ask you patience to clarify some doubts I've about DD/DTS decoding using Lynx cards.
    I hope somebody could help me in this.
    Currently I've a very good analog 2 balanced channels audio equipment, moreover, I've a decent 5.1 channel HT equipment (Yamaha DSP-AZ1), that integrates the 2 chs audio equipment for the 2 front channels.
    I've an HTPC that I use for DVD (only video) and I use the spdif to send dd/DTS data to the AZ1.
    I've installed a Lynx 1 on this HTPC and I've discovered that the audio quality for 2 channels audio is very good. Currently I'd like to extend the audio decoding capabilities also for DD/DTS multichannel. My preferred sw player is ZoomPlayer.
    My Idea is to upgrade the Lynx 1 with Lynx 2 (internal PC decoding) or to connect (via Lynx 1 AES/EBU or Lynx AES16) an external pro decoder (eg. Apogee DA-16X) to have an external DD/DTS decoding.
    My questions are:
    1) is possible for Lynx or DA16X to decode DD/DTS?
    2) how to control single channel calibration and master volume?
    Thx in advance for your help.
    Cheers.
    Rik
  • rpal2
    • Sep 2004

Only a personal consideration...
    My impression is that the only way to get working this stuff (Lynx 2) with DD/DTS is that ZoomPlayed decodes the audio and send it to the card, but in this way I do not understand the role of the card (maybe only balance the sw decoded signal...) and how will be affected the quality.
    Moreover, in this case, maybe the external decoder (apogee) will not work in this configuration and it will not have any role ...
    Thx.
    Rik

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"