• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Lynx Two Souncard Reviewed by Secrets

For all us HTPC fans :T

home theater, high fidelity, high end, amplifiers, receivers, projectors, movies, vcrs, cds, laserdiscs, stereo, surround sound, dolby digital, dts, subwoofer, speakers, reviews, video, audio, dvd, digital audio, tubes, consumer electronics, home entertainment, preamplifiers, processors, cables, TVs, AC line conditioners, velodyne, monitor audio, sunfire, paradigm, meridian, nordost, exact power, redgum, osborn, m&k, mirage, perpetual technologies, anthem, sonic frontiers, htdv, dss

Seems they thought rather highly of it. Now we just need the software companies to take advantage of that hardware! :T

Jason
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, I was about to post that it looks awesome, and I'll consider putting it in my next computer I build. But then I saw, roughly $1,000 MSRP? I thought I saw at the top that there are two versions, either $250 or $470. Or were those two things add-ons?

In any case, I have to wonder what's going to happen when HD-DVD and Blu-Ray come out, because we'll start seeing those drives for computers, which means that computer users (HTPC users, especially) will need 7.1 channel solutions for DTS-HD and DD+.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah like everything else in AV land, I'm sure Lynx will have to release a newer/updated version with new technology compliance.
      Jason

Comment

• wildfire99
        • Aug 2005

A quick perusal of google shows Lynx Two in A, B, and C versions (A being a 4in/4out card, B being a 2in/6out card, and C being 6in/2out), all around $100 of each other. The Two-B model shows as a cool $899 from two retailers.

That doesn't sound all that terrible as an external firewire interface like MOTU's 828mkII is still around $750, and that's a pretty good deal as far as "pro" audio goes, IMO. And from when I looked at Lynx a few months ago, they're kind of a botique brand, so you're paying for prestige.
        - Patrick
        "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"