X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero993
    • Feb 2003

Zone 2 tutorial

I know nothing about operating the second zone of my system remotely. Is there a FAQ that will tell me everything (down to the wire) I need to set up my second zone? :?:
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Each manufacturer implments the zone two features a little bit differently. As examples, some might require use of optional "repeater" units to execute zone two commands and not allow use of recording facilities when using zone two. Others might have all the control functions built in and have separate recording and zone two control capabilities, so the setup would be different in those cases.

So the place to start would be to identify what equipment you plan to be using for zone two operation, so that anyone here with knowledge and/or experenice about that brand & specific model can weigh in. (I know you're listed your equipment in your member profile, but we hate to "assume" in a discussion, since a lot of folks around here seem to upgrade as soon as dust begins to collect on their equipment.) :>) You might also want to check to see what the manufacturer has to say on their site (or in the owner's manual) about zone two operation.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Take a look round the Xantech site and try their demo's etc.

Basically you have two options to go as far as repeating your IR commands to a different room. One is to go hardwired using something like Cat5 cables or option B is to go wireless and use something that will convert your IR commands into RF and back again. The wireless options are far easier to install but hardwired tend to be more robust.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"