900 MHZ Wireless game controllers..Excellent!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

900 MHZ Wireless game controllers..Excellent!

Hi!,,

I just picked up the MadCatz 900MHZ wireless gamepad for the PS2.
    This is without a doubt a great technology that should be standard with gaming consoles. It's nice to be able to sit 16 feet away from the TV and move freely in any direction without having to worry about cords or having to move the actual game console around the room in order to stay close to the seating area.

No batteries are needed. The controller comes with a docking station which acts as a charger. The docking station, of course must be plugged in.
    You also get the receiving device which simply plugs into the PS2 controller slot which accepts the signal from the gamepad. The receiving device has a reset button in case you have interference or are using two gamepads that end up on the same channel frequency. The set-up and technology works just like the popular 900MHZ cordles phones.

The actual gamepad is very durable and has a nice weighty feel to it which is a good thing. I actually like it better than the original PS2 gamepad.
    Madcatz does produce many game accessories for all systems and they are of very good build quality.
    A version for the X-Box will be available within a couple of months and I will be getting a couple of those once released.

MadCatz 900 MHZ wireless gamepad sitting in it's docking station.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Matt Broeska
    • Nov 2000

awwww that sounds awesome! checking their website, they don't have a listing for a gamecube version though. :M
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Very cool!

Matt,

Not to worry, Nintendo's own 'Wavebird' should be released this spring. It is expected to be the best wireless controller yet released.

I recall an article when the Xbox was still in development that hinted toward a WiFi wireless controller. WiFi was rumored, at the time, to be built-in to the final Xbox and the capability would also allow for wireless networking with your PC network.

Alas, it was not to be. However, it may still be in development.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Very cool Trev!

The PS2 has another maker of wireless controllers as well. Those boy get all the toys...

Bing
        Bing

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"