• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Ultimate Geek Status Symbol

Link Here

Sure, you may think your a geek, and your friends that know you think your a geek, but what about the millions of strangers that don't know you from Adam? Well have this USB connector dangling off your wrist and any savvy stranger geek, wanna-be geek will know that you are one hard core James Bond Geek... I mean this is a what I would call Geek Sheek, it looks cool! Nothing like those calculater watches that also made you look like a geek, but the type people generally steered clear of because you know they generally smell funny :P

It's a 128MB memory watch with a USB connector. The USB connector stores neatly in to the watch band, and the watch really looks stylish to boot. Those that know me, know I'm a sucker for watches, so I think I'll have to beg for this for fathers day or just snivel in general.

And I though I was doing well in Geek status with my Dell 64MB USB memory key...

Bing
    Bing
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I can here the bond theme playing in the background already :LOL:

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

I guess my old Timex DataLink watch (which downloads data from a PC via an application that flashes bars on the monitor), isn't geeky enough anymore. I might have to order one of these!

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

• AndrewM
        • Oct 2000

You're not really a geek until you have one of these and can tell time from it.

Andrew

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Judging by that clock it could be afternoon coffee time :P

2:27:16

Kevin, a Timex Data link is definitley a Geek watch :yesnod:

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
            • Aug 2000

Bing,

Just curious, what kind of data do you keep on your keychain? I've always thought those were cool but haven't really considered how I'd use one.

-Sili
            www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Hey Sili, right now I have my bookmarks a few pictures and video files on it. Most times I just use it to transfer data from my PC at work to home. Or to carry around stuff to show people.

Before I had this I always used a 128MB Compact Flash card for the same pupose. However you need t flash card readers for this. The USB key requires no drivers what soever and as soon as it's plugged into a USB port it is recognized as a removable drive, much like a floppy. The Dell 8500 can boot from the USB port as well so it reazlly could be considered a floppy drive replacement, with a higher capacity.

Bing
              Bing

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"