X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

First Movie on USB?

I know this is "old news" But it was new to me. Anyone else care to comment.

2GB storage.
    Plug and play.
    Compatible with Windows ME, 2008, XP, Mac OS, 8.6 and Higher, Linux, Kernal 2.4X and any operating system with a USB port.
    Compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0.
    Size (H)2 (W)6.3 (D) 0.8cm.
    Black USB pendrive.
    Full length movie and link to argos website included.
    Full installation guide included.
    B&W
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

2GB of storage is nice.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmm, what's the resolution?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• baniels
        • Nov 2006

Wow - it even includes a link to the Archos website!

Ha ha.

From the reviews...

A 2GB pendrive of better quality can be puchased for a lot less than this. The ghostbusters film cannot be dragged and dropped onto desktop, the player needed can not be moved. I,ve wasted my money and would suggest you don't do the same!
        •L&R Build•
        •Sub Build•

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
          here is a format I will completely avoid.

For me to bite it would have to has lossless audio and equal to or better then BD video quality all for LESS the BD. Oh....it would also have to work on my Current BD player so i dont have to buy a new one.

If not..why bother?

Thanks for coming out, but if I want sub par BD quality I use Block Buster and Handbrake :T

Comment

• H.T.C
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
            here is a format I will completely avoid.

For me to bite it would have to has lossless audio and equal to or better then BD video quality all for LESS the BD. Oh....it would also have to work on my Current BD player so i dont have to buy a new one.

If not..why bother?

Thanks for coming out, but if I want sub par BD quality I use Block Buster and Handbrake :T
            That is exactly what the format will be in the future for home theater except the cards will hold more data with high resolution and "lossless audio"

There also will be less mechanical failure "in theory" because they wont have a dvd drive,it should cost less and depending on what manufacturer is doing the r+d money could be for used better parts or quality design.

The potential to store more movies with less room or cabinet space makes a even better choice.
            Robert

Comment

• littlesaint
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by H.T.C
              That is exactly what the format will be in the future for home theater except the cards will hold more data with high resolution and "lossless audio"

There also will be less mechanical failure "in theory" because they wont have a dvd drive,it should cost less and depending on what manufacturer is doing the r+d money could be for used better parts or quality design.

The potential to store more movies with less room or cabinet space makes a even better choice.
              Doubtful. At the rate Internet bandwidth is growing, by the time such a product, with those standards and competitive pricing, comes to market, it will be too late. It would have to be better than Blu-ray, and more convenient than downloads or streaming. Tough market to crack.
              Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I wouldn't discount this too quickly. Downloading is more of a point-source item in that once it's downloaded to the home "server" that's where it resides. The prospect of easy portability along with BR audio/video quality makes the flash drive a good alternative medium.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"