X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

The ultimate Audio Burner?

This relatively new Yamaha series has been getting a lot of positive press over the "audio mastering" mode for burning CDR's.

The CRW3200EZ is quite reasonably priced, and some other interesting features, inlcuding a black tray and interior. With the included software, you have complete control over ripping modes, including a jitter reduction mode and comprehensive speed controls. Pretty impressive.

While I'm at ThomasW's next week, we'll try to do some evaluation of the quality of audio CDR's it produces. Initial impressions are favorable, but then I'm a sucker for a new toy.... we'll be evaluating some "acid test" material, too, like Hooter's "Nervous Nights". Should be interesting....

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Cool Beans Jon!

I have always like Yamaha CD burners, though of late they did take a back seat. This one looks promising indeed!

Seems the Black interior is all the rage as it supposedly reduces sonic errors by absorbing dispersed laser light.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

That's the one I own Jon. It did cost me a few pennies more than I would have liked only a few months ago, but it does seem like a great burner. My system does have a problem with the Niro Mix that wants to come up by default. It seems to freeze up while burning. But as long as I use the larger control panel called Niro Burn, it works great. Though I cannot figure out how to retrieve CDs from the Niro database. Darnit, I have tried. Guess I will read help and see if that helps.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

The UI is not the most intuitive one I've tried with burner software, but so far I've been able to get it to do what I want, but I too haven't been looking at the book.

I went into Nero mix and changed the associations, so far I haven't had any problems with it.

In Nero burn, as long as I have my Internet connection working, just selecting choose recorder or save track brings up the panel where one of the options is "Access Internet Database"; clicking on that, and in all but one case (for an Indie lable) I was able to download the info. It works pretty slick.

I rip with Jitter reduction and 10X speed, then for Mastering, I enable the Audio Mastering Mode, and burn at a paltry 1X. But the resulting disk sounds d*mn good. The only drawback is that the wider, longer pits and lands uses up more space, and you can only get about 600 Megs of audio on a 700 MB nominal disk. But I think that's a resonable tradeoff.

I paid $159 for mine, which, while not the cheapest burner on the market, is pretty reasonable, considering the speed and special audio features.

-Jon

Earth First!
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"