X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

CDRW for PC...I need help!

My wife has a 600mhz Celeron PC. I has a 30 gig hard drive and uses WinME. What would be a good CD burner for this application?

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

sorry John I hope you got the answer you needed in the TTP thread but for the sake of not having an unanswered quesiton what you should look for in a drive these days is the "burn proof" feature. Basically it will ensure that buffer under runs won't turn those shinny discs into coasters. I'd also highly suggest you stick with a name brand drive from the likes of Sony, Plextor, HP etc and avoid the knock offs. Not that there's anything wrong with them but driver support is going to be better with the name brand ones which is importnant when MS keeps releasing new OS's every few months

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Andrew. Yes TTP did give me all the answers I need. I just feel guilty not posting a bonafide audio/pc/video question in their proper areas :W

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

John thats ok I feel guilty leaving questions unanswered

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

BTW john which motherboard does she have...I'm sure we can get that celeron a bit higher then stock

Celeron 667 @ 950

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Andrew I'll have to ask her but, I doubt that she knows because, this one is only two months old. Now, on our 233mhz pentium I'm sure she knows. That she has upgraded a few times over!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"