X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Software patches??

I'm wondering something about software patches, if you have an old version of a software program...let's say...winDVD! My copy is like 2.1 so it's older.
    Jon was kind enough to send me a 2.61 patch, would this patch also include all the other mods and patches that my copy may not have?
    Reason I ask is this, before I install the patch I had alot of stutters and short freezes.
    After installing the patch, alot of the stutters and freezes are gone, but now I've got discs that my computer will not play! (Dark City & Man in the Iron Mask being two of them)
    So I'm wondering if I'm still missing some patches for this program, of by getting the lastest patch do I have all the lastest and greatest winDVD programing???Kenny
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Good question, Kenny.

I've sequenced all the updates as they come out. It really depends on the software philosophy; usually a company will tell you how it works; unless the update actually "patches" an existing .exe file, the update is usually replacing the complete execuatable, and will be a complete update. I have Dark City, and I'll try it when I'm back in the US. Any particular chapter or scene that's a problem? Also, what rev of DirectX are you running? That could be a factor, but the CD upgrade (my CD was also 2.1) had a full DX install, and the updates have't done anything else- but then my game installs sometimes do that, anyway.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Jon, some very strange things are happening, last night I removed winDVD and installed powerDVD...then I remember why I went to winDVD, somehow my powerDVD program got corrupted, so I went back to winDVD...my intro is now different! Before it was all one color, black and a couple shades of brown (or a copper)
      After reloading the program my intro has the same brown on the tape, but the area with the winDVD logo is now white...before it was the same color as the tape!? and Dark city now plays all the way through, without the patch...so I'm going to install the patch and see what happens...Kenny

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Installed the patch and Dark City now crashes...very strange.
        However, alot of the trouble spots in other discs are gone...who'da thunk it???Kenny

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"