X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Logitec

Logi, quite possibly the best keyboard ever produced. I have 2 @ $100.00 each. I absolutely love them. One on desktop and one on this crap laptop I have from Asus. Check em out. Awesome. I got mine from BH Video.com Nice bright white backlit, perfect. On off switch. HEAVY and rubber feet so they can sit on top of laptop, closed, and function, lol. I love em'.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Logitech? I've used their keyboards in the past and I still have some mice of theirs, I like 'em.

Now I use a Corsair gaming keyboard on my work PC since I wanted something that isn't squishy icky feeling like 99.9% of keyboards are these days. Bring back the IBM model M keyboard, or even better, the model F (not the layout, but the keys). Excellent tactile feel and built like a tank.

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I have a wired Dell keyboard in a closet from years and years ago that's built like a tank. Other than that I think every keyboard I've owned has been a Logitech, along with all my mice. My current mouse has hit the (uncarpeted) floor more times than I could possibly remember. The battery cover flies off and the battery rolls in to the kitchen, and it still works great. They don't make that model anymore and it will be a sad day when it finally goes. Most of my peripherals/input devices are Logitech now that I think about it. Keyboard, mouse, webcam, and one of my two joysticks are all Logitech.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• technodanvan
        • Nov 2009

What do you use the joysticks for nowadays?

I've been using a Dell keyboard with a CAC reader in it for who knows how long...it's mighty disgusting, but it works.
        - Danny

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

I use them for flight simulators/games like DCS, War Thunder and IL-2. I don't get to play on DCS much lately, I need more RAM. That game is a hog, like Chrome on steroids. LOL With nothing running but HWMonitor and DCS I can see 15+ GB of RAM used. With only 16 GB to start with that gums up the works a little. I just put so much time and effort in to overclocking the snot out of my RAM I hate to give it up.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• technodanvan
            • Nov 2009

I hear that, I used to be big on overclocking a decade ago and spent countless hours finding stable settings. I don't do that anymore, but only because I need my computers for work. Maybe someday I'll get to have a 'fun' one again.
            - Danny

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

I've had some decent, stable OC going on this rig for about 5 years. For my needs this rig would be more than sufficient stock. Overclocked I should get at least another 5 years out of it. I'm old enough that dropping $2k on this thing meant I expect more than 5 years from it. LOL
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

I used to build PCs, tinker, blow up stuff, I quit all that and just buy store bought PCs these days, I still got some cases and old mobos around probably, but I am not going backwards. Last build I did would not even post, I was so frustrated I gave up.
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

The last few I built were in large part to get my daughter involved in something constructive and she was enthusiastic about learning how to build computers (especially her own). I still like building my own. It's the probably the mechanic/tinkerer in me. I can hot rod a computer, but the parts aren't greasy and don't hurt near as much when dropped on a foot. I can see the attraction for me. LOL
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"