Popcorn Hour C-200 Blu-ray and HD audio support!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Popcorn Hour C-200 Blu-ray and HD audio support!

About US Cloud Media Sdn. Bhd. was incorporated in 2012 as an entity consolidating the operations of Syabas Technology, bringing Popcorn Hour brand. The history of Syabas Technology can be traced back to 2001, whereby in the early years, the company quickly emerged as an early leader in the

Wow! you can install a blu-ray drive or use a USB one. It also supports bit-streaming of HD audio even DTS-HD MA as well as decoding and outputting as LPCM. It also supports HD audio inside the MKV wrapper as well as .TS and .M2TS files. So things I've been wanting in my HTPC for a long time are available in this 300 dollar box.... I think I'll be moving my HTPC to another room shortly.

Here is a nice VERY in depth review of the C-200, granted it's almost a year old so there are probably many new firmwares that made it work much better. I think this guy was browsing files over wireless as well as the web features so I imagine that slowed things down a bit.

[YOUTUBE]QH-zcvZ5SjY[/YOUTUBE]
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hmm I guess no one else is interested in such devices

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I'll have a look when I have more time
      Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Sounds good. I think I've for the most part decided to go this route. It's cheaper then building a new low power HTPC, or at least close in price but in a nice form factor with a nice enclosure.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
          • Jan 2006

Hdale85,
          Did you ever buy one of these ? I came across the popcorn hour a while back and forgot about them actually.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

No I ended up upgrading my htpc and what not, honestly pretty much everything I liked about the pch is now able to be done in linux.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"