X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heapatrouble
    • Feb 2009

Lagging WMP Ripping

So, recently, I've been having problems with WMP being excuciatingly slow ripping CD's - literally taking hours to do a 320kbps rip of a 40-minute cd. I don't believe I have added software which has created a conflict that causes this glacial pace, but, before I lose it and do a clean install of the OS, I thought I would see if anyone else has experienced the same issue and might have a fix for it. I am using a Vista Home Premium 32-bit and the hardware config is as follows:

Silverstone CW02 case,
    Silverstone Strider 650-watt power supply
    MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
    AMD Socket 939 Athlon x2 3800 (2.0 GHz)
    2 GB DDR Memory (corsair, I think)
    Seagate 500 GB HDD
    LG Bluray Burner
    Diamond Radeon 3870 Video Card
    Diamond TV Wonder 650 HD Tuner card.

I know there are some obvious upgrade paths possible (Mobo, CPU, Memory), but am hoping to resolve the WMP issue before I commit to the upgrade.

Thank you,
    David
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I would run some bug-killers , like Spybot or AdAware first , then a good anti-virus. If all else fails , you don't have to reinstall the OS for WMP. Just copy the library to the My Music folder , delete the WMP from the Change Or Remove Programs section of Set Program Access and Defaults. Then go the MS website and download a clean copy of WMP for free. If you can still find WMP 10 , it doesn't have the DRM fits v.11 does.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• heapatrouble
      • Feb 2009

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a shot. Actually, I am using Norton 360 right now,which takes care of alot of the security issues, but I really think that the issue is solely with WMP.

I appreciate the input.

David

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"