X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GibsonLP
    • Aug 2012

Ripping 24bit DVD-A to 24bit PCM

Hi.
    I am new to this forum, I hope I am not asking a frequently asked question. I did my best to search before posting.

I have a King Crimson DVD Audio at home that I would like to hear at work as well.
    At work I have a good playback system that is capable of playing high bitrate high res audio to a pair of nice studio monitors.
    I don't want to take the DVD-A with me though so I am looking for a way to rip it.

EVERY ripping software (except one) that I've tried on either my linux, mac or windows machines was able to rip the audio at original sample rate but re-sampled the sample size to 16bits instead of the original 24.
    The only ripping software that worked for me was DVD audio extractor.
    The only problem is that I am not really sure that it didn't re-sampled it to 16bits and then back to 24 (I had to "force" it to 24bits).
    I am simply wondering how come other apps were not able to rip it in 24bits and that perhaps I am missing something in the process (encryption? any other protection on the high bitrate stream? doesn't seem right as there was no 16bit track... Still...)
    I am simply trying to avoid the next step: A tedious a-b comparison between the 16bits rips and the 24bits.

Thanks in advance.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Not sure if this really answers your question or if it's current anymore but here's a couple threads on the subject:

Hope that helps!
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"