AnyDVDHD ripping bluray to HDD, playback with VLC ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yellowfin342
    • Dec 2008

AnyDVDHD ripping bluray to HDD, playback with VLC ?

Checking to see if it is possible to Rip BluRay Movie to HDD with ANYDVDHD, then playback with VLC with Full Bluray resolutions.

Thanks

Bill
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

VLC is horrible with HD playback.

Comment

• yellowfin342
      • Dec 2008

vlc is only for the audio section.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

You want to get an X264/H.264 decoder called CoreAVC it's by a long shot the best There are some other programs I like better but can't think of the names right now. Currently I use Media Portal for all my music/movie playback. It works fantastic.

Comment

• yellowfin342
          • Dec 2008

ok thanks. I will check into it.
          If you recall the others, I am all ears !

Thanks again.

What I am trying to do is play the movie back in the computer, output the video to a projector and the audio to the Home theater receiver for Dolby digital. Problem is the receiver is in the other room and the only in wall connection currently is via a Cat5e network. I want to send the audio signal over the network to the receiver if possible.

Thanks again

Bill

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I think Media Portal may be good for you then. If you have an MCE remote (windows media center) you can use it with Media Portal and it's a great HT front end so you don't have to use the mouse and keyboard and all that Best of all it's open source!

Comment

• yellowfin342
              • Dec 2008

MCE remote ?

Is that windows Media Center Derver ?

Not familar with MCE

bd

Comment

• yellowfin342
                • Dec 2008

@ questions

First, I have Windows XP PRO and it does not have Media Center. Is there a way to add Media Center ?

Secondly, If Windows Media Center cannot be added, is there another product equal to or better than it with equivalent functions ?

Thanks

Bill

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Yes windows media center. You don't need media center I was just saying you can use the media center remote (look on newegg) with Media Portal which I find to be much better then MCE. The other product is what I was talking about You want to install CoreAVC for your decoder stuff then probably FFDShow and then Media portal. Set it up to work with you new MCE remote. CoreAVC is like 15 bucks I think, FFDShow and Media portal are free. The remote shouldn't be more then 50 bucks depending on which one you get as there are some rather nice ones. If you have a harmony remote then you just need the MCE IR receiver so don't worry to much about the quality of the remote that it comes with.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"