X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Quick PS3 question..

Anyone know if you can run HDMI out and component video/analog audio out of the PS3 at the same time?

I've got a customer wanting to replace his original Sony Blu-ray with a PS3, but it's being used for the whole-house system as well.

Right now it's HDMI out to the theater in 1080p with digital audio and component video in 1080i and analog audio out the the Autopatch matrix switchers.

I think it would still be ok if the PS3 was limited to outputting 1080i, but it would have to output component and HDMI simultaneously; and digital audio (either over HDMI or optical) and analog audio simultaneously.

Anyone know if its possible?

Kevin D.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

You can have them both hooked up at the same time, but it will not display them at the same time.

There's a display setting in the system portion that you have to choose one or the other, there's no option for both.

I also just checked and hooked the component up (from my old PS2) and it will indeed not display both at the same time.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Kevin: yeah, I'm in the same boat with wanting to distribute BD (and other PS3 products) to my all-home system, but the PS3 won't do different video outputs.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• robert L
        • Jul 2008

ps3 doesnt hav component video only hdmi and a multi A/V output that u do have to switch back and forth to in the menue

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

You can buy a component video cable for it. (that's the multi in multi-AV).

Kevin D.

Comment

• robert L
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
            You can buy a component video cable for it. (that's the multi in multi-AV).

Kevin D.
            oh ok, u learn something new everyday, i have a ps3 and didnt know u can use component video cables into that multi in. thanks kev. But i do know that u do have to activate it in the menue which one u r using

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"