X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Rock Band game thread

Would be interested to hear who all has the game "Rock Band", and on which platforms.

I bought this after Christmas using a bunch of Best Buy Reward Zone Points (and a 10% off coupon) and have had some fun with it with the family. It's really addicting! I never really did play any of the Guitar Hero games before, only tried them once at a relative's house and thought it was fun.

So I'm hooked now on RB. I've tried the guitar, drums, bass guitar option, and singing, and might prefer the drums overall! Pretty fun. When my family does the group band tour, though, I usually do the bass guitar. I'm slowly getting better and better at guitar. I still haven't gone far enough, though, in my solo tour to unlock "Enter Sandman" by Metallica and a couple other songs I'm looking forward to. I like the downloads, too. Good new songs.

Saw this last night: somebody exhibiting a prototype for a more realistic drum set for the game. http://www.psu.com/3rd-party-Rock-Ba...0002374-p0.php
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Come on... nobody? Okay, I've got a question that I'm sure somebody out there can answer. As you go through the list of available songs, some of them have a little black circle with a down arrow next to them, that seem to notate the ones that I've downloaded as add-ons. Makes sense. But what's the little blue circle that's by some other ones? I don't know what's different about those songs.
    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• greenhorn
      • Feb 2007

I Suck

Daughter has Guitar Hero, I suck. In fact I suck at most all computer and gaming platform games. I have to stick to solitare :cry:

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Sorry, Chris - I bought GHIII when it came out and will be killed if I buy Rock Band...
        Danish

Comment

• Alloroc
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Sorry Mate, Rock Band is not out here yet - I'll get it when it is as it's right up my street!
          Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I've heard that the instruments are cheap feeling....Also 160 bucks for a game is a lot I mean don't get me wrong I want it and will probably pick it up before too long.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yikes, didn't mean to get people saying "I suck" in reply! Sorry! I played another big chunk of the game tonight. Had previously made it through the entire set on "easy" for the guitar solo tour, and got a big chunk of "medium" done tonight. There's songs on medium that easy didn't have--Boston's "Foreplay/Long Time" ROCKED! So much fun. But Stone Temple Pilots' "Vaseline" was surprisingly hard. I barely made it though the alternating low notes of each verse. Then I finally unlocked Metallica's "Enter Sandman". I really like the song, and I've been waiting to try it out in the game. WOW... Just like STP, I was blown away and barely made it through. That song is so hard! I can't even imagine trying to play that on Hard or Expert.

If nothing else, lots of these songs are making me appreciate the technical skill of the actual band. I had no idea some of these songs that sound so great, and not all that complicated, take so much skill to play! (and I'm not even really playing it, just on a plastic guitar imitation, and on easier levels)
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• coyotetu
                • Nov 2007

Eh, I don't much like Rock Band, especially the peripherals. I'm a Guitar Hero player myself, I've beaten every song on expert in all 3 versions, 5 starred many.

Comment

• greenhorn
                  • Feb 2007

I Own It

Yikes, didn't mean to get people saying "I suck" in reply!
                  No worries, I own it. Some peeps just not mean't for some sorts of things, might be a personal flaw. When it comes to computer - video games I have the attention span of a flea and the skill set of blind mole rat.

Now set me up in front of Scattergories and I'm a fella to recond with :T

Comment

• Pepe
                    • Feb 2008

Late to the game, I know, but I love the RockBand. I've never realized how my dulcet tones could be captured by Harmonix.

Comment

• Thelonious Funk
                      • Dec 2006

I own it as well... William Shatner Group online.

Of course I'm Bill Shatner.

I beat it on medium by myself, but Becki practices close to every night on the drums, and soon we will go on a world tour.

Chris, I challenge you to a tug of war.

Joe, duclet isn't exactly the term I have heard people use.
                      Hello, my name is Eric and I am a music addict.

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Bill Shatner? Never hoid of 'him.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Thelonious Funk
                          • Dec 2006

Ben Folds actually did a record with him that is really funny.

What's your band name, Chris?

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

We are the "Rotuds"... long story...
                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Thelonious Funk
                              • Dec 2006

Oh do tell....

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

Currently, the band is just some of my family members... we're not very good as we're learning. But I'm surprised how much better I'm getting, although it's taking time. I don't dare try expert anything yet.
                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"