• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Mx980

Hello all,
    anyone program one yet?? Looks like a colored mx950. Hopefully it's stable.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah, I bought one at CEDIA. Absolutely lovin' it so far. Done a bit of programming with it, but I have much more to do. So far, it's the best remote I've come across.

The greatest thing, probably, was when my wife came rushing into the living room one day, exclaiming, "I love this thing! This is the most intuitive remote I've ever used!" (I have it in the master bedroom)

I'll give it some time, but so far, I'm liking it more than the MX-3000 I have in the living room, for less than half the cost.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• evtsmd
      • Dec 2007

mx980

Is the software avaialable to a consumer for this product. I was told it's not! I live in a remote area of MD and it's just impractical to think I would have to have someone come to the house each time I needed a change in the remote.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

• gc8ej25
        • Nov 2007

The software is available to consumers to download from Universal's website. You just have to provide a valid serial number from your remote.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ah, well, yes and no. YES, it's available at www.universalremote.com if you put in a serial number. However, it does NOT have the "live update" enabled, allowing the program to receive the latest software versions, database updates, and such. You have to have access to URC's installer/dealer-specific website in order to get the fully functioning version. This is something URC decided to do about a year ago.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Paul H
            • Feb 2004

I like doing things myself, especially home theater setup and maintenance - I'd find it very hard to buy something from a supplier that provides only partial support unless you go through their installers/dealers.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, this created a BIG stir last year when URC made the change. Look around, and there's all sorts of remnant threads on the internet discussing the issue. It's died down now, but that's not to say it's changed peoples' minds.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• HIDEF Lifestyle
                • Jan 2008

You should and can get the fully updateable software for all URC remotes when buying from an authorized dealer.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Ah, yes... good point, thanks for clarifying.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"