X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

PS3 keeps disconnecting...

When the PS3 is on every minute or so a messages pops up saying I have been disconnected from the network. I believe its my linksys wireless router (model BEFW11S4 - its a few years old) as I had this problem before and cant remember what I did to fix it. I think I had to change the router settings but since its old I kind of remembering having to do it through the net and not some software on my computer (does that make sense?). IIRC it had something to do with disabling the SSID broadcast but I am not sure if thats the problem this time.

fyi - hard wiring is not option. The router isnt that far but one of the reasons I got the more expensive PS3 was for the wireless connectivity. Plus my laptop works fine regardless of where I am located (which is further than the PS3 from the router).
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Look up the model on Linksys's website to get the default IP address (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 usually) and default login/pass (usually login is blank, password is 'admin'). Just type the address into your browser and login!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Look up the model on Linksys's website to get the default IP address (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 usually) and default login/pass (usually login is blank, password is 'admin'). Just type the address into your browser and login!

Kevin D.
      That did the trick. Turns out my SSID broadcast was enabled, just had to disable and things are working fine. Thanks! :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"