X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Video Capture cards

Well, my htpc is running so smoothly I just have to see if I can screw it up.
    I'm ready to add more inputs into my projector, but of course I need to be able to scale them up to something that'll look at least half way decent on my screen...so it's time to look into a video capture card.
    What are you guys using, and just how good can htpc make an NTSC signal look?
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Kenny,

As you're probably familiar with, a capture card compatible with DTV is probably the best way to go; I'm no one to offer advice, since I'm not capturing any NTSC. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon, not having cable hooked up, and with my conventional LD player and Toshiba DVD player in my daughter's bedroom, haven't viewed anything other than DVD in a while. I've bought a few DVD's with TV shows, for ones I'm interested in; video quality has been quite good, scaled to XGA at 4:3. Maybe this could become the "preferred" commercial free way of watching TV- a season at a time!

I'm curious about the Samsung SIRT150, which seems to have been designed with my limited curmudgeon tastes in mind- HDTV only, OTA only, RGB or Component output, can convert all formats to selected output format; options include 1080i, 720p, 480p. It's about 6 dB more senstive than an RCA DTC-100. Also has composite and S-Video outputs which are always active, for feeding those secondary sets, or recording on VCR. That may get me out of my DVD rut some day.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Jon, you say it has RGB and component outputs?? What about the video card, if you've got your htpc running a projector why would you use the outputs of the video capture card? I'm missing something here?????????

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Hey Jon, please note the above post???

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"