X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kartmanjim
    • Jun 2004

infocus 4805 and dvi

would a dvd with dvi out improve the quality of the picture of my infocus 4805
    considering its only wvga resolution. I currently run through rgb with very high quality cables and the picture looks great. Would I be wasting my money.
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kartmanjim
    would a dvd with dvi out improve the quality of the picture of my infocus 4805
    considering its only wvga resolution. I currently run through rgb with very high quality cables and the picture looks great. Would I be wasting my money.
    Im going to be doing that when I can get my hands on the elusive denon 1910 player. It might be a little cleaner overall, because its not being converted at all, where as for Component it is I believe.

Im using it now, I got that M1 adapter from Infocus so thats what my dvd player is now connected to, and xbox to the components.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• kartmanjim
      • Jun 2004

is the dennon any better than the other crop of dvi capable players ?

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
        • Sep 2003

its supposedly better for bigger screens, thats when you see the difference. For a regular tv, the difference isnt noticable. I cant find Levesques review

I have a 77" screen so this sounds good to me. But I cant tell you 1st hand because noone has them around here yet!

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Hd4life
          • Feb 2004

I have the Infocus SP4805 and I'm using the DVI connection with my Denon 5900. I am using the rgb with my set/top box for HD. I am very please with the DVI to the projector... it's a different pic using the dvi over the rgb. Try them both out, you will have to calibrate both of them differently.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

what screens are you guys using with this baby? I saw the demo with a Elite pull down $200 screen and it still look fantastic.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
              • Sep 2003

Da-Lite Permwall High Contrast Grey screen @ 77"

Was like 385.00 and worth every penny.

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

but the new Denon players coming out can handle 480i/p and 720P i believe, thru DVI output. But the 4805's max horizontal is only around 480 i believe, correct me if I'm wrong. So isn't it logical to assume that the difference will be only component vs. DVI/HDMI? On infocus website, in the specs section of the 4805, it says that it can only handle higher resolution thru the PC connection with intelligent sizing software.

Comment

• barry
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                  but the new Denon players coming out can handle 480i/p and 720P i believe, thru DVI output. But the 4805's max horizontal is only around 480 i believe, correct me if I'm wrong. So isn't it logical to assume that the difference will be only component vs. DVI/HDMI? On infocus website, in the specs section of the 4805, it says that it can only handle higher resolution thru the PC connection with intelligent sizing software.
                  Hi everyone, my first posting. I am an A-V Science Forum memeber who just tuned into your forum. looks great. Regarding above: The "upconverting" Denon DVD players, and others, do so by interpolation with filters.They do NOT increase resoloution, but increase picture quality quite noticably, but only through the DVI connection. Hope that helps. Oh yeah, I have and X1, a 4805 and a Pioneer Elite 58 inch RPTV.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"